AZ Spring Fling-- how many Texans coming?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RobZona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    630

    AZ Spring Fling-- how many Texans coming?

    Hey just wondering how many from TX are coming to AZ this Marrch for the big Spring Fling?
    I moved to PHX from Tyler, TX in 2002 and have ridden w/some of the Austin riders the last few years in AZ.
    Stoke it up over there guys. Maybe I'll run into one of my old Tx racing competitors from the Texas mountainbike series. Lajitas, Flat Creek Ranch, Waco, Tyler SP, and Warda were some of my favorite races.
    Bring 'em over to AZ for the shred fest. With the wide variety of desert, red slick rock, mountain forests trails, and post ride parties, the road trip to sunny AZ is the epic mtb trip.
    Looking forward to riding with many of you again this year.

    Rob
    Phoenix,AZ.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pedigre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    712
    for more information, click here


    ...or here

    ...or here

    basically, it's all over the place!
    Last edited by Pedigre; 01-20-2009 at 11:16 PM.
    Pedigre


  3. #3
    Got Mojo?
    Reputation: BikeMojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,190
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZona
    Hey just wondering how many from TX are coming to AZ this Marrch for the big Spring Fling?
    I moved to PHX from Tyler, TX in 2002 and have ridden w/some of the Austin riders the last few years in AZ.
    Stoke it up over there guys. Maybe I'll run into one of my old Tx racing competitors from the Texas mountainbike series. Lajitas, Flat Creek Ranch, Waco, Tyler SP, and Warda were some of my favorite races.
    Bring 'em over to AZ for the shred fest. With the wide variety of desert, red slick rock, mountain forests trails, and post ride parties, the road trip to sunny AZ is the epic mtb trip.
    Looking forward to riding with many of you again this year.

    Rob
    Phoenix,AZ.

    There is a very large contingent coming from Austin. I have it tentatively on my calendar.

    2002 TMBRA, what class did you race? At that time I was Sport 35-39, and I was mid pack foddor at all the races.
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RobZona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    630
    my racing was mostly sport class, 35-39 in the 1990's. A lot of the trails back then were on new trails, like TSP, Warda, Ruston, La, Cedar Hill, and my favortite--Lajitas. Jacksonville,TX had 2 good races before the trail washed out because of poor design on the steep, sandy terrain.
    I actually designed, flagged, and cut out the C and D trails at Tyler State Park back in 1994
    while I was on Christmas break in college. Back then, we didn't have all the state regs for trail building that I knew of, so I saw the potential in all that hilly terrain and "Just did it" !
    Wouldn't recommend doing that now though--ha ha, but
    I'm proud to see those trails are have been so popular over the years.
    Now living in Phoenix since 2002, I get to ride on all these awesome trails and haven't ridden
    them all yet--there's just so many in AZ.
    Black Canyon Trail is the crown jewel trail of AZ IMO, and it's not even finished yet. Total mileage will be about 62 when completed in next 2? years.
    I'll probably lead a C ride on BCT on Sunday(AZSF), so Tx gearheads come out for the fun!

    See yall in March
    Rob

  5. #5
    Got Mojo?
    Reputation: BikeMojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,190
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZona
    my racing was mostly sport class, 35-39 in the 1990's. A lot of the trails back then were on new trails, like TSP, Warda, Ruston, La, Cedar Hill, and my favortite--Lajitas. Jacksonville,TX had 2 good races before the trail washed out because of poor design on the steep, sandy terrain.
    I actually designed, flagged, and cut out the C and D trails at Tyler State Park back in 1994 while I was on Christmas break in college. Back then, we didn't have all the state regs for trail building that I knew of, so I saw the potential in all that hilly terrain and "Just did it" !
    Wouldn't recommend doing that now though--ha ha, but
    I'm proud to see those trails are have been so popular over the years.
    Tyler State Park has some fun, flowy trails. I guess it is a safe bet that you know and worked with James Ramsaur. Either at TSP or at Ruston.



    Quote Originally Posted by RobZona
    Now living in Phoenix since 2002, I get to ride on all these awesome trails and haven't ridden them all yet--there's just so many in AZ.
    I was out in Scottsdale a few years ago on business, and had an afternoon to ride. Some ExPat Texans took me up to Pima/Dynamite. Nothing special, but some fun desert riding. Last year work took me back to Phoenix (this time no bike), but I did have a chance to go hike some of the National Trail on South Mountain. Got a first hand look at The Waterfall.

    Thats some great stuff. With luck I'll make this years AZSF
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RobZona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    630
    James Ramsaur, yep knew him while he was in Tyler and went to his Ruston races.
    His trail in Ruston was very cool. How about the" ski jump" downhill !!!

    If you come out with the Austin gang, be sure to do the South Mountain and Sedona rides.
    The A and B rides on Black Canyon Trail Sunday morining will also be excellent.-- awesome single track, through rugged high desert and the Bradshaw foothills.

    Rob

  7. #7
    Chilling out
    Reputation: bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,993
    I know of three confirmed, "lots" more "maybe baby."

    I've got a separate thread with some xtra info for those Central Texans (or other Texans) who want it, just check the base of this sub-forum for the T-Minus thread I just posted.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.