Austin Texas mtb trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Austin Texas mtb trails

Hey guys I'm going to be coming down to Austin beginning of March. Looking to ride some mtb trails. What does Austin have to offer. I ride a Canfield yelli screamy with 140mm travel forks. Up for anything. Also looking for a floor to crash on for the weekend March 4-6th Austin Texas mtb trails-uploadfromtaptalk1452796123589.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttimpe View Post
    Hey guys I'm going to be coming down to Austin beginning of March. Looking to ride some mtb trails. What does Austin have to offer. I ride a Canfield yelli screamy with 140mm travel forks. Up for anything. Also looking for a floor to crash on for the weekend March 4-6th Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1452796123589.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	1042633

AustinBike.com - Your home for Central Texas Mountain Biking is a pretty good guide. you can also post here Austin VooDoo, check out the Austin Ridgeriders facebook page, and check out TMBRA.

TMBRA - Texas Mountain Bike Racing Association
    Mellow Johnnys Classic
    March. 5-6, 2016
    Flat Creek Crossing Ranch
    West of Austin, TX

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4130 View Post
    AustinBike.com - Your home for Central Texas Mountain Biking is a pretty good guide. you can also post here Austin VooDoo, check out the Austin Ridgeriders facebook page, and check out TMBRA.

TMBRA - Texas Mountain Bike Racing Association
    Mellow Johnnys Classic
    March. 5-6, 2016
    Flat Creek Crossing Ranch
    West of Austin, TX
    Awesome thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Ping me about a week before and I can let you know my availability. I can give you a tour of the greenbelt, without a local you'll miss 90% of the good stuff.

140MM is plenty. I ride 80% of the trails here with a 100MM singlespeed, but I do take my 140MM out from time to time for the really fun stuff.
    Austin Mountain Biking and worldwide travel pictures:

http://www.austinbike.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by austin_bike View Post
    Ping me about a week before and I can let you know my availability. I can give you a tour of the greenbelt, without a local you'll miss 90% of the good stuff.

140MM is plenty. I ride 80% of the trails here with a 100MM singlespeed, but I do take my 140MM out from time to time for the really fun stuff.
    Awesome will do thanks

mtbr member
    Barton Creek Greenbelt- starts easy, gets pretty gnarly. 140mm hardtail should be fine. it's massive and has lots of side trails to get you lost. go with a guide.

southside trails- my home turf. 40+ mile system of suburban trails around the creeks. mostly mellow, flowy stuff with some fun rock gardens and some hills if you go looking for them. there are some night rides here, so bring your lights. see if there is a night ride starting at ATX bikes while you are here. go with a guide or you will not enjoy it.

Walnut Creek- city park with lots of fun trails. mostly mild stuff compared to the local terrain. relatively easy to find your way around with maps and clearly marked parking lots.

Brushy Creek- fairly easy to navigate because it does not have a lot of random rabit trails... yet. lots of rocks and ledges.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mack_turtle View Post
    Barton Creek Greenbelt- starts easy, gets pretty gnarly. 140mm hardtail should be fine. it's massive and has lots of side trails to get you lost. go with a guide.

southside trails- my home turf. 40+ mile system of suburban trails around the creeks. mostly mellow, flowy stuff with some fun rock gardens and some hills if you go looking for them. there are some night rides here, so bring your lights. see if there is a night ride starting at ATX bikes while you are here. go with a guide or you will not enjoy it.

Walnut Creek- city park with lots of fun trails. mostly mild stuff compared to the local terrain. relatively easy to find your way around with maps and clearly marked parking lots.

Brushy Creek- fairly easy to navigate because it does not have a lot of random rabit trails... yet. lots of rocks and ledges.
    Thanks man

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Do not come to Austin and ride the South Austin Trail network with that bike. LAME. Talk about boring and not a good recommendation. Hook up with a guide for sure and hit up the Greenbelt. That bike is perfect for it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    That bike would also do will at City Park. At least the front half, it's been years since I rode it on a hard tail.
    Austin Mountain Biking and worldwide travel pictures:

http://www.austinbike.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sherpaxc View Post
    Do not come to Austin and ride the South Austin Trail network with that bike. LAME. Talk about boring and not a good recommendation. Hook up with a guide for sure and hit up the Greenbelt. That bike is perfect for it.
    Ya, I want to ride some challenging trails. Nothing to simple

mtbr member
    agreed. I like SATN because it's right out my door and I can ride 30+ miles of trails any time. there's some challenging stuff in there if you know where to find it, but you will need a guide and it's not as gnar as some other trails in the area, if that's what you're after.

if you want something challenging but something that you can navigate on your own, I would check out Brushy Creek.