Austin + Rain = :(- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Austin + Rain = :(

I know we need it but come ON!!! Anyone in town know where it's at least semi-dry to ride other than Emma Long and my living room? I'm getting a serious case of cabin fever here.

mtbr member
    not in Austin but Houston nowhere within decent driving distance that I know of. Got the same sickness! let's get a petition to build a Ray's in Austin or Houston!

mtbr member
    almost broke my finger yesterday trying to ride in these conditions in san antonio tho

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I know it's a haul, but..Camp Eagle?
    http://www.wunderground.com/weathers....asp?ID=MC8278

Pace Bend got at least 0.5".
    http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...&graphspan=day

Agree about the weather.

mtbr member
    Your best bet is Rocky Hill Ranch. I was out there thanksgiving and the lower trails were pretty beat up from two races in muddy conditions, however once you get beyond fat chucks the trail system handles rain pretty well.

I have ridden there with in hours of a major rain and while it was slick, there is enough gravel in the dirt to keep things decent.

Getting up to fat chucks after rain is always bad. Lots and lots of clay/mud the 1st mile. Assuming it stops today, Sunday would be a good bet at RHR.

meh
    DFW is good to go

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    rocky hill was right in the middle of all of that. West of austin would be a better bet.
    Austin Mountain Biking and worldwide travel pictures:

http://www.austinbike.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Reimers, Pace Bend, Muleshoe

mtbr member

What about McAllister in San Antonio?

Anyone ride it this week? Weather Underground says it's been relatively dry - 1/3rd inch yesterday and light sprinkles on a couple other days. With all the canopy it can't be that bad. I'm heading down tomorrow in the am and hope it's semi dry at least on the upper trails.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    BCGB hotline says the trail is open. Heading out at 9:30 on saturday morning.
    Austin Mountain Biking and worldwide travel pictures:

http://www.austinbike.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkymutt
    Anyone ride it this week? Weather Underground says it's been relatively dry - 1/3rd inch yesterday and light sprinkles on a couple other days. With all the canopy it can't be that bad. I'm heading down tomorrow in the am and hope it's semi dry at least on the upper trails.
    We did get a good bit of rain Wednesday night/Thursday morning, and the light sprinkles throughout the day, the canopy might have helped, but it also hinders drying, so I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. Even GCSNA isn't recommended to be ridden at the moment.
    Last edited by Pedigre; 12-18-2009 at 07:52 PM.
    Pedigre

Fat Biker
    Aug 2006
    It's a pretty good drive from Austin but Double Lake Recreation Area in Coldspring is a great place to ride after a rain. The trail soaks up the water like you wouldn't believe and there is very, very little mud. Even after a hard soak Double Lake is always good for a ride the next day.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Lake Georgetown was not bad this morning. Sticky for sure, but all rideable.

mtbr member
    Rode McAllister this morning around 9. Most of the trails were deep peanut butter but there were some dry spots uphill past the soccer fields. Didn't want to make ruts so I wound up mixing in a lot of paved trails. I need to burn off my wife's holiday baking so let's all pray for a few more dry days.

Happy Holidays, y'all!

I miss f88
    Think RHR will be rideable tomorrow?
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)

mtbr member
    They got hit with quite a bit of rain last week, specifically around Thursday and Friday. Two days doesn't seem long enough to dry out but I could be wrong. I'd call them (512-718-8822) before making the drive out there.

Members who have read this thread: 0