• 07-17-2006
    Greebler
    Austin: Marking Greenbelt trails?
    So there are few places between Spyglass entrance and Zilker where sections of the trail are off limits to bikers. However I still see the occasional rider down there and I do not want to see the wrong people get upset over this.

My biggest issue concerns biker's safety. Again between spyglass and Zilker there is the small hill covered by metal fence that gives a brisk DH or uphill sprint. Time after time I almost run into people who pop out of nowhere right at the bottom of that hill. I always look when I crest the hill before booming down it, but every now and then they are hiding. I would really like to post some sort of yield sign there for walkers/runners.

Who do I need to contact about this or can I just make some signs my self???????
  • 07-17-2006
    texacajun
    Yes, make a big sign that says "Hey numbnutz, slow the hell down so you don't run over the hikers and screw it up for everybody else" That should suffice. ;)
  • 07-17-2006
    bobert
    I just went down this hill you are talking about a few days ago, I was more concerned of me getting snagged on that fence on the way down :rolleyes:

Also on those sections designed to stop bikes, I've seen numerous cyclists that just weave past the fence.
  • 07-17-2006
    Mtc
    The rule is you yield on the downhill! Now slow down and that will solve everything.:yesnod:
  • 07-18-2006
    rocpyro
    Solution = divided parallel trails! hehehe:D
  • 07-18-2006
    Greebler
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bobert
    I just went down this hill you are talking about a few days ago, I was more concerned of me getting snagged on that fence on the way down :rolleyes:

Also on those sections designed to stop bikes, I've seen numerous cyclists that just weave past the fence.

I am confused, I don't think we are talking about the same section. The fence material is layed on the ground to make the hill smoother/faster and keep the soil from erroding. The hill I am talking about is 1/4 north of the spyglass entrance, in between spyglass and zilker. Are we talking about the same spot?

:::Texacajan:::
    Yes, make a big sign that says "Hey numbnutz, slow the hell down so you don't run over the hikers and screw it up for everybody else" That should suffice.

Its my fault, is thats your point?

So no one so far knows of any rules against posting homemade signs in the GB?
  • 07-18-2006
    hammerheadbikes
    my solution:
    stay off the main trail and ride the good stuff