Austin Bike Polo- Mtbr.com

View Poll Results: Are you Interested in Hardcourt bike polo?

Voters
8. This poll is closed
  • Hell yeah!!!

3 37.50%
  • Hell no!!!

2 25.00%
  • What's Hardcourt bike Polo?

3 37.50%
  • No, but I am in Grass Bike Polo!!!

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Feb 2009

Austin Bike Polo

I noticed a thread dated 03-2006 asking about bike polo... well if anyone is still interested we've started a weekly meet-up on Sundays at 4 p.m. at Bartholomew park (off E. 51st) for HARDCOURT BIKE POLO!

http://www.bikepolo.ca/club/austin-texas-bike-polo

Bring a bike and good attitude if you wanna play... we've got the mallets and balls and goals.

Oh, any other cities with a good bike polo scene let me know, let's meet up and challenge each other!
    Last edited by rokreuzburg; 02-18-2009 at 08:20 AM.

mtbr member
    ...still loading...
    Pedigre

Feb 2009

next week, same time, same place

This sunday, we are meeting again to play polo at 4 p.m. @ Bartholomew Park (off E. 51st)

for a map check it: http://www.bikepolo.ca/club/austin-texas-bike-polo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rokreuzburg
    This sunday, we are meeting again to play polo at 4 p.m. @ Bartholomew Park (off E. 51st)

for a map check it: http://www.bikepolo.ca/club/austin-texas-bike-polo
    ...still loading...
    Pedigre

Feb 2009
    I don't get the still loading comment, the first time or this time.... still loading what?

mtbr member
    I don't get the still loading comment, the first time or this time.... still loading what?
    the page...doesn't want to open
    Pedigre

Feb 2009
    I don't know why it's not loading on your comp, it loads fine on the several I use throughout the day.

try:

http://www.bikepolo.ca/

and look for clubs and find the austin club...

Feb 2009
    for those interested, here is some video of us last weekend. There are two videos so check em out...

Feb 2009

New Location!!!

Just in case anyone was interested in coming out, we are now going to meet at a new location.

Eastwoods Park, just north of Dean keaton by Red River. if you drive park on Harris Park Ave.

Feb 2009

I'm there

Yes!!!! Bike Polo comes to Austin. My brother and his clan play weekly up in Pullman Washington, yet I was disappointed last fall when I could not find a group playing down here. I just googled again today, found and joined Austin's chapter of The League of Bike Polo: Austin Texas Bike Polo (http://www.bikepolo.ca/club/austin-texas-bike-polo).

I'll see y'all maņana, fellow ATX BPers.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Just in case anyone was interested in coming out, we are now going to meet at a new location.

Eastwoods Park, just north of Dean keaton by Red River. if you drive park on Harris Park Ave.

That's right down the street from where I live!

Feb 2009

I love Bike Polo

Last week was awesome, so much fun playing with multiple teams... The courts were so nice and compared to our last spot relatively empty, sooo, let's meet there from now on.

SAME PLACE (eastwoods park) SAME TIME (4.p.m.) EVERY SUNDAY.

mtbr member
    um, just out of curiosity, how does this tie in to MTB?
    Pedigre

Feb 2009

pics/videos

I'm hooked, this game rocks. I especially like the idea that it might have originated in Britain and its colonies in the late 1800s as a means for the lower/middle classes to participate in the elite's game without having to own horses, etc. Power to the proletariat and the common people utilizing the bicycle! I love the diversity of the people enjoying a team sport on bicycles (other than racing) across the nation. Did anyone shoot pics or a video of last week that we can post? I'll be in Santa Fe this weekend, but I might try and drive back through the night Saturday to be able to make it Sunday, if not I'll see y'all the following Sunday.

Feb 2009

enjoying time in the saddle

Quote Originally Posted by Pedigre
    um, just out of curiosity, how does this tie in to MTB?
    Pedigre, let it go. We're getting the word out to all bikers and bike subcultures in Austin who enjoy spending time outside in the saddle regardless of their preferred style of riding. Bring your mountain bike and come play, you might be surprised with how much fun you can have off the trail. And, yes there are a number of mountain bikers currently playing.

Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1speedIZallUneed
    Pedigre, let it go. We're getting the word out to all bikers and bike subcultures in Austin who enjoy spending time outside in the saddle regardless of their preferred style of riding. Bring your mountain bike and come play, you might be surprised with how much fun you can have off the trail. And, yes there are a number of mountain bikers currently playing.
    I agree.

It has nothing to do with MTB, except you could use a mountain bike. I was asked to post this here!

Come play and it will all make sense! Soon we'll try and get grass polo going... if enough are interested. I know about 5 or 6 currently who are.

mtbr member
    Pedigre, let it go.
    um...I asked a single question...and only b/c it looks more like a slow motion pick up game on a Saturday afternoon. Sure, it may be fun...but anyway...

Feb 2009
    Did anyone shoot pics or a video of last week that we can post?
    Pictures were indeed taken, and I took a small video that's posted here:

not the best quality, but I don't own a quality camera...

pictures taken and posted by our good friend Daniel, can be found on www.thyneighborsbike.com, and Jason has posted some of the same on his site: www.atxbs.com

Here's a few that I think you'll like, more to come hopefully....

**took off images, they were huge...
    Last edited by rokreuzburg; 03-17-2009 at 10:43 AM.

Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedigre
    um...I asked a single question...and only b/c it looks more like a slow motion pick up game on a Saturday afternoon. Sure, it may be fun...but anyway...
    it's really not that slow, the videos aren't of the best moments, the pace picks up once people start to get comfortable and some of the key players are involved to make sure it doesn't slow down. The games are on Sundays so you should come out Pedigre. It's fun on all types of bikes, I played on three different bikes last weekend, it was a blast.

Feb 2009

Pictures from Sunday!

https://www.thyneighborsbike.com/wp-...3/dsc_1684.jpg

Daniel took some good shots. Check them out.

Feb 2009

oops

I just realized I linked just one picture...

here's Daniel's photos.

http://www.thyneighborsbike.com/?p=575

Feb 2009
    polo this week....

THURSDAY 5:30 P.M. AND SUNDAY 4 P.M.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feb 2009
    Nice flyer Robert! That was good fun Sunday. Mid week bike polo....sweet! Unfortunately something came up for this Thursday, but I'll be there normally. What a great way to end the day. See y'all Sunday. ~Cyrus~

Feb 2009

Thursday Play

Let's play again this Thursday... 5:30 p.m. Eastwoods Park

Feb 2009

word

Let's play again this Thursday... 5:30 p.m. Eastwoods Park
    I'll be there bro. You sure Thursday works for you? Let's get the word out, what do you think about emailing Jason and have him put it on his webpage. I know there is enough love for the game to bring the crowds.

Cyrus

Feb 2009
    I'll be there bro. You sure Thursday works for you? Let's get the word out, what do you think about emailing Jason and have him put it on his webpage. I know there is enough love for the game to bring the crowds.

Cyrus

Yeah Thursday works for me.... I'm not coaching soccer anymore, but I just got a job today that may require that I miss polo a few times coming up... but we'll work it all out. Thursday it is!!! Jason's got the flyer and has already posted up the info... so maybe this week will be a better turnout since nothing else is going on, like sxsw..

see you then

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Keep having scheduling conflicts. Hopefully Sunday!

Feb 2009

austin bike polo

http://austinontwowheels.org/2009/04...-is-hard-core/

If you haven't seen it yet, there is a good write up and some good pics from last Sunday.....

Members who have read this thread: 0