Austin Area Races?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2017

Austin Area Races?

I am trying to make a list of all of the races and rides that are located in or fairly close (maybe an hour or two maximum travel time away) to the Austin area.

I want to start competing in mountain bike races this year and I want to get my feet wet with some CX or gravel rides too now that I have an ok enough bike for it.

Anyone able to help me out with this? I am finding all sorts of rides on different websites but no website seems to have all of the rides and races as I am finding different rides or races on different websites not listed on others.

I am looking to list all of the events out so that my buddies and I can start coming up with training schedules and planning for them etc etc.

Even if someone can't help me make this list if any of you all want to post rides or races (general mtb, xc, cx, gravel) that you'd recommend please do!

EDIT: Here is what I have been able to find so far from various sources as races that are within a 1-2hr commute from Austin. M = mtb, G = Gravel

M (02/10-11) Sun & Ski presents Rocky Hill Roundup - Smithville, TX
    M (02/18) Rocky Hill Rampage – Rocky Hill Ranch
    M (02/24-25) TMBRA State Championship XC Series - TBD
    M (03/10) Flat Creek / Flat Out – Johnson City, Tx
    M (03/24-25) Pace Bend Race – Spicewood, TX
    M (03/31-04/01) Austin Rattler Leadville CO – Rocky Hill Ranch
    M (04/07) Blueprint for Athletes Austin Rattler- Leadville qualifier – Rocky Hill Ranch
    M (04/07-08) STORM Hill Country Challenge – Comfort, TX
    M (04/07-09) STORM XC Race – TMBRA State Championship XC Series – Flat Rock Ranch
    M (04/07) Hell’s Hills – Rocky Hill Ranch
    M (04/28-29) Big Burg Mtn. Bike Race – Fredericksburg, TX
    M (05/19-20) The Warda Race – Warda, TX
    M (05/19) 2018 Texas Mtn. Bike Championship Series Rules Signoff – Austin, Tx
    G (09/??) Lockhart Breaker – Lockhart, Tx

If anyone see's any races missing or sees any errors in my list please let me know!
    Last edited by drdocta; 02-05-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Hardtail Steel Forever
    TMBRA - Texas Mountain Bike Racing Association - Probably the best place to start for mountain biking.
    WTB: Med Bontrager Ti Lite, PM Me...

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Go here for a list. Read the whole thread for updated dates.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Shameless plug for my website, Texbiker.net event calendar.
    Rick Ankrum
    www.texbiker.net
    Texas Bicycling News, Events and Experiences

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Bikereg.com
    Spinistry.net

The last couple of rides I've done were listed on Bikereg.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Hey there. I'm basically in the same boat as you. www.tmbra.org has a XC series staring on Feb 10 at Rockyhill Ranch. I'm a little concerned/disappointed that a month out they still have no flyers, information, or registration info. It'll be my first race on a mountain bike, so I was looking for all the info I could find and some begooner tips for a noob. Hopefully that will update soon.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Oh also check out Rocky Hill Ranch - The Mountain Biking Outdoor Events Capital of Texas | Rocky Hill Ranch Texas
    If you're not familiar with it, it's a ways east of Austin passed Bastrop in a little town called Smithville. About an hour +/- away, but a great place to ride and they hold races fairly regularly.

Hardtail Steel Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Douwe View Post
    Hey there. I'm basically in the same boat as you. TMBRA - Texas Mountain Bike Racing Association has a XC series staring on Feb 10 at Rockyhill Ranch. I'm a little concerned/disappointed that a month out they still have no flyers, information, or registration info. It'll be my first race on a mountain bike, so I was looking for all the info I could find and some begooner tips for a noob. Hopefully that will update soon.
    I haven't raced in a while, but the first race of the year can be a bit hectic, it's usually a lot more organized after that. I would just keep an eye on the site for the registration to open up.
    WTB: Med Bontrager Ti Lite, PM Me...

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Yeah, I need to remember I used to host events/races and you're absolutely right. They're not just gearing up for a first race, they're gearing up for a full series. I just want to try to prepare myself as much as I can. I think I need to meet up with some more experienced racers to get some tips/advice.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    TMBRA will have pre-registration opening soon on bike reg for the Feb 11 race at Rockyhill. They are waiting in approval from USA Cycling according to Facebook message from them.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    They will also be holding a first-time racers clinic the day before the race on Feb 10. Specific times will be posted.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Editing first post to include the races that I was able find that are less than 2hrs away from Austin.