ATX - Need some to ride with.- Mtbr.com

Apr 2005

ATX - Need some to ride with.

I'm looking for someone to ride with this weekend if anyone's interested. I'm thinking around 2 or 3pm on Saturday and the same on Sunday. I haven't ridden in weeks so I'll be out of shape but I have to get out there.

Of course I'm always looking for riders who just enjoy having fun (fans of freeriding a plus) and aren't concerned with up-hill speed and lycra.

Also, I was riding with SnrBoad during the week but he moved to Seattle on me. So now I'm again looking for someone who can ride the Greenbelt around 2pm on weekdays. I try to get in and out in about 1-1.5 hours. Just a long lunch break.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I can't this weekend but can ride during the week in the timeframe you're talking.

Keep me updated.

Apr 2005
    Cool, let me know what your schedule is like. I'm pretty open for the next two weeks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    PM'ed you my cell, give me a call we'll figure it out.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Hello,

Take a look at www.bikemojo.com. Rides are posted there weekly if not daily. I usually take a loop at WC on Tuesday and Thursday after work as well.

Signal.

Apr 2005
    I'm on bikemojo as well. I'm looking for more than a ride meetup (but thanks). On week days a short five-mile loop of the greenbelt is all I have time for so I need to be in good communication with whomever I'm riding with.

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004

Saturday Austin area ride - 05-20-2006

I'll be riding the Goodwater Trail on the north side of Lake Georgetown this Saturday. Meet at Overlook Park ready to ride at 9 AM. Give yourself an hour to get from central Austin.

The trail is rocky (loose and imbeded) with great flow, cacti, a couple of wet creek crossings, and lake views. There's also a skinny rainbow bridge, a 15' long and 4' high 12" skinny, and some rock ledges to drop and ride up. We'll do between 15 and 26 miles.

Diligent pace with minimal stopping

Brown Nissan Frontier
    Red Santa Cruz Heckler

Directions from Austin:

I-35 north to Hwy. 29 exit.
    Left at the light onto Hwy. 29.
    Go about 1-1.5 miles and turn tight on DB Woods Rd. right after the huge ass brick church.
    Follow this across the bridge below the dam and take the next left into Overlook Park (about 4-6 miles from 29.)
    Follow the road all the way to the end and park in a space. They will tow if you're not parked properly.

Dewayne
    512-797-RIDE (7433)

Apr 2005
    Looks like you guys had a good time. I've never been out there. I rode some area of BCGB I hadn't previously done on Sat. but I'll come out next time assuming I think I can handle 26 miles!

Members who have read this thread: 0