Attention Houston Mtbers! New regular Tuesday group ride!- Mtbr.com
    random ride instigator

Attention Houston Mtbers! New regular Tuesday group ride!

When/Where: meeting at Sugarland Memorial Park parking lot at 5:30 and rolling by 6 every Tuesday barring bad weather/trail conditions. First ride is this Tuesday 4/4

What: a no drop ride covering 10-14 miles of sweet New Territory and Brindley single track. Pace will be dictated by level of riders but necessary stops to keep group together will always be apart of the ride.

Come ride the best trail system in Houston..hope to see you there
    Attention Houston Mtbers! New regular Tuesday group ride!-img_1440.jpg

random ride instigator
    Just a heads up, this ride is still on for this Tuesday 4/4. My posting from the Sugarland FB site was removed..

random ride instigator
    Great turn out for the first ride! Thanks everyone for coming out!
    Attention Houston Mtbers! New regular Tuesday group ride!-img_0126.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Wow! Looks like a great turn out. I will most likely never make one of these since I travel 100% for work, but will keep my eye out in case I'm home on a Tuesday. How was the feedback from those who rode?

random ride instigator
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyk76 View Post
    Wow! Looks like a great turn out. I will most likely never make one of these since I travel 100% for work, but will keep my eye out in case I'm home on a Tuesday. How was the feedback from those who rode?
    The photo I posted is from another event, sorry, couldn't resist..ha! ha!

We had 3 total, all had a blast. Not bad considering it was the first ride with limited exposure. It's a great set up if you could ever make it..easy and safe parking, bathrooms on site, and no intersections or streets to cross to access the trails. Best of all, great trails with a lot of mileage for Houston. Hope you can make it out one Thursday..

mtbr member
    Got any vids? 80% moving to tx soon. Just looking for employment with the best riding lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

random ride instigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxdagr8t View Post
    Got any vids? 80% moving to tx soon. Just looking for employment with the best riding lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No video to show...yet. Will post if I locate some. Regarding your possible move to Texas...
    I can only speak for Austin and Houston, Austin is the best MTB option if you have a choice. Houston has riding but not the amount or variety that Austin offers. Austin aLso has a very vibrant MTB community and is a much more desirable place to live IMO. It also depends where you're moving from and what else besides MTB factors into your choice.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Thank you for your post - good, and reasonable info

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    No video to show...yet. Will post if I locate some. Regarding your possible move to Texas...
    I can only speak for Austin and Houston, Austin is the best MTB option if you have a choice. Houston has riding but not the amount or variety that Austin offers. Austin aLso has a very vibrant MTB community and is a much more desirable place to live IMO. It also depends where you're moving from and what else besides MTB factors into your choice.
    I may be/need to move, and may be to Houston. I live in Boise, Idaho now, and am from So. California - so I'm used to having everything, really - from coastal canyons, to foothills, to big mountain riding, skills parks, etc. Houston would be a massive change, and from what I have been able to see - it will be mostly road riding - and maybe some "urban" riding. The riding there like in Sugarland and Memorial Park around downtown Houston, looks like "maybe" can get in a good workout doing multiple loops and pushing it - but it's flat for most part, and looks like may bet crowded and tight with hikers? Are there times you can go out and push it hard on these trails?

At least there's road riding. Looks like "Bike Barn" has good consistent organized weekday and weekend rides, and also event rides. For real Mtn Biking I would have to travel. I would hope to somehow keep my bike skills up by finding spots to do urban riding and just working in the skills I guess? Houston is pretty cool in a lot of respects, but man, will be hard to give up Mtn Biking as I know it, and right out my front door. It's just a potential move, potential option, for work, etc.
    Sound of Tires on Dirt: Sole Music
    Shredding with Good Comrades: Soul Music

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Looks like you have a nice Santa Cruz!
    Sound of Tires on Dirt: Sole Music
    Shredding with Good Comrades: Soul Music