Anyone want to show me around Emma Long this Friday?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Anyone want to show me around Emma Long this Friday?

Im coming down to Austin this weekend from DFW and wanted to try out an Austin trail while Im down there. I was thinking Emma Long Park around 11 or noonish on Friday but am flexible. I always like to have someone familiar with a trail when I ride it the first time so I am looking for someone to ride with.

Just so you know, I am about intermediate level rider. I just moved to DFW from Denver and have been riding the Denver front range stuff for the past 3 years. Ive been riding some places here in DFW the past month and have found it serviceable, but nothing super difficult technically speaking.

For reference, I rode Sansom Park today (minus Joel's Loop as I was feeling somewhat lazy) in about an hour and 10. Im not trying to brag because lord knows, that isnt a super fast time, but when Im riding with someone I dont know, I like to have an idea that they dont completely suck. Im much more likely to be slumped over my bars huffing and puffing than I am to be lying on the side of the trail with a broken arm FWIW.

anyways, PM me or respond if you'd be interested in showing me around. It sounds like a fun trail with some good technical elements. thanks

PS - dont hold it against me that Im a Sooner and I wont hold it against you that you're probably a Longhorn

MoJo Moto
    Sooner.... you may be ok today...Friday...

but Sat and Sunday Emma (City Park) will be closed for a trials event....

if you want to ride this weekend....go to the Austin VooDoo.... the Mojos can hook you up.

mtbr member
    thanks for the response. I rode it Friday and noticed all the signage for the race the day after. All the tape and signs made it next to impossible to figure out the "trail" as there seemed to be a spiderweb of trails every 50 feet. Somehow, I made it onto the loop and had a great time. I have no idea how much of the park I actually hit. I just know I rode some single track for a while, with a bunch of ledges and drops and about an hour 15 later, I ended up on the other end of the parking lot. Then I rode it again! Super fun, but my lack of health insurance at the moment and the fact I was riding alone made me think twice about trying a few sections.

MoJo Moto
    Sooner....we have so much riding here in Austin....you really need to hook up with someone to get a real tour...

the Barton Creek green belt is amazing....

tootles...

moto.

mtbr member
    yea I heard Barton GreenBelt is fun too. I might PM you the next time I'm down there if you're offering. I just hate the feeling of riding for an hour to find out that I've missed the best part of a trail or something like that.

Members who have read this thread: 0