Anyone from the Midland/Odessa area?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Anyone from the Midland/Odessa area?

Just wondering if any of you are from out here in West Tx? Me and few buddies have started riding of late... we are always looking for new places and people to ride with.
    We have been to San Angelo once so far and do alot of downtown riding here in Midland.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I spent 18 years in that hell hole and as soon as I was able to get out of my parents place I moved to the dfw area

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MindlessDeviant
    I spent 18 years in that hell hole and as soon as I was able to get out of my parents place I moved to the dfw area
    LOL I moved to Midland from east TX about 5 years back... I have to admit hell hole might be the right words, but its all what you make of it. Everyone complains about nothing to do but I find myself pretty busy and having fun. Just have to do some driving on the weekends.
    also the permian basin bike club is supposed to be putting in a mountian bike park somewhere out by Odessa. We will see

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I moved in 2002 and I went back to visit in 2006 and it seemed like there was more popping as far as places to go and things to do out there. Ive thought about going back to visit, will have to check out the trail if they actually go through with it. I can't see it being all that challenging as there are no real elevation changes out there or trees for that matter. I could only imagine the amount of flat tires with the mesquite, goat heads, and cactus...

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsnake
    Just wondering if any of you are from out here in West Tx? Me and few buddies have started riding of late... we are always looking for new places and people to ride with.
    We have been to San Angelo once so far and do alot of downtown riding here in Midland.
    Sup Kingsnak!

It's Ray from Semi-auto Rifles.

Anyhow, I just picked up a Mountain Bike my self. I generally ride in a field out behind baseball field north of Midland. It's mostly used by people for mudding but it's still a little fun for biking. If I get some time I'm thinking about checking out that Outback Adventure place over outside of Stanton. I don't know if they allow mountain biking but if they don't I can at least screw around in the Raptor.

Anyhow, see you around here or SAR.

PS: I also have a friend over in Abilene who is into Mountain biking. He says there is a place over there that is cool for riding.
    2007 FS KHS XC104
    2012 FS Yeti SB95 (Race/XT)
    2013 HT Cannondale Trail 7
    2013 HT Specialized Hardrock Sport (the commuter)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 50calray
    PS: I also have a friend over in Abilene who is into Mountain biking. He says there is a place over there that is cool for riding.
    Your friend is probably refering to Buck Creek Trails.

Have fun!
    Pedigre

mtbr member
    hey Ray
    hows it going man? I pick up mountain biking a little while back, and like most hobbies I am now consumed! Ill have to check out that area behind the stadium.
    also if you are interested there is a group of us that have been riding downtown midland, and UTPB. I usually get out 3 times a week and ride atleast.
    I have also been thinking about stanton, only prob is that the trails arent marked very well so I worry about getting run over. If we made it out there when it wasnt busy that would prolly be fun though. There is also a rumor of the local bike club putting in trails for mountain biking (similar to what lubbock has) between Midland and Odessa. The guys I have talked to about it are pretty secretive about it though.. IDK?
    Either way lets get together and ride. You know Jimbo too right? he is riding. Ill PM you my #

mtbr member
    ohhh and BTW you need to take that raptor to the sandhills : )

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I ride in lubbock. well, i did ride. my bike was stolen off my front porch when i left it there instead of in the garage after my ride home from school (texas tech). I am in the process of finding something new to ride. i realize that lubbock is a few hours away, but if yall are ever going up to palo duro, or you want to make a trip to ride in town, or at buffalo springs lake. just throw up a post and maybe we can all get together.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    yo im from Odeezy !

mtbr member
    Hey Kingsnake,
    I just moved back to Midland about a month ago.
    What kind of riding do yall do downtown and when do yall go?
    As far as the trails in Odessa, I talked to a guy a Peytons last week and he said the trails should be opening soon and will be off Billy Hex, off of 191.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lando47
    Hey Kingsnake,
    I just moved back to Midland about a month ago.
    What kind of riding do yall do downtown and when do yall go?
    As far as the trails in Odessa, I talked to a guy a Peytons last week and he said the trails should be opening soon and will be off Billy Hex, off of 191.
    cool man its always good to hear about more people mtbing out here in west TX. Basically we have a small group (anywhere from 2-6 people) we meet up downtown at the credit union on Louisiana just east of A street. From there we hit a couple of the parking garages down there and then ride north to tumbleweed?? park up by wadley and Ast. make a lap around the park, take a rest an head back downtown. Total is about a 12mile ride..
    I heard that all the insuance is in place so they should be cutting trail soon on the MTB park... until then I guess we will be making trips to San Angelo : )
    Ill shoot you a PM

mtbr member
    Cool deal. Check your pm's kingsnake.
    Look forward to meeting up with yall for some rides soon!

mtbr member
    I lived there for two years before me and my wife moved last summer - they closed the 30 miles of trails they used to have in No Trees right before I moved there and had yet to build the trails off of Billy Hext. I did alot of road riding, the road bikers out there are a serious bunch of bad asses.

I know live in Cedar Hill Texas with three sets of trails so close the furthest one is only 10 minutes away (just had to rub it in). If you can't move away from Odessa/Midland then get in with PBBA and get those trails going. The Odessa Parks Director is a serious biker and I think he is behind getting those trails up, give him an e-mail, he's a cool guy, I think his name is Scott (maybe).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AtotheZ
    I lived there for two years before me and my wife moved last summer - they closed the 30 miles of trails they used to have in No Trees right before I moved there and had yet to build the trails off of Billy Hext. I did alot of road riding, the road bikers out there are a serious bunch of bad asses.

I know live in Cedar Hill Texas with three sets of trails so close the furthest one is only 10 minutes away (just had to rub it in). If you can't move away from Odessa/Midland then get in with PBBA and get those trails going. The Odessa Parks Director is a serious biker and I think he is behind getting those trails up, give him an e-mail, he's a cool guy, I think his name is Scott (maybe).
    Well a few of us still have access to No Trees... There is stillabout 10 miles worth of trail, but could use a good work day to get everything back open. And the park off billy hext should be open soon. As of last week all the insurance and paper work was in place, its just a matter of cutting the trails. I built a trail plow and sent it thier way so any day now *fingers crossed*

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I moved here from DFW about 2yrs ago. We should go riding some time. The adventure park in Stanton doesn't allow mtb on the trails... I'd be terrified to try it honestly. You'd get run over in a hurry.

I'm interested in checking out the new trail they're building. I'm also interested in getting back out to Notrees.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Midland here, just got into mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Odessa here, any more info on the mountain bike trail they were buidling? I'm mostly just ride up and down Comanche Trail park, nothing exciting.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Is Comanche Trail Park all paved ?

mtbr member
    that mtn bike trail is out there off billy hext road. you can get the info i believe from peytons bikes. i think you gotta be a member of the local bike assoc. to ride there but im not sure. they have a real nice mtn bike trail system in san angelo at the state park plus its public cost $3 to get in. abilene has a mtb bike also you can get info from bike shop in abilene i thinks its called bike masters. i know kingsnake has been riding downtown midland a couple times a week.
    05 Raleigh M80 sold
    09 Rockhopper Comp sold
    10 Stumpy Expert Carbon HT 29er sold
    13 Stumpy FSR Elite "Yellow Jacket"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbonerz28 View Post
    that mtn bike trail is out there off billy hext road. you can get the info i believe from peytons bikes. i think you gotta be a member of the local bike assoc. to ride there but im not sure. they have a real nice mtn bike trail system in san angelo at the state park plus its public cost $3 to get in. abilene has a mtb bike also you can get info from bike shop in abilene i thinks its called bike masters. i know kingsnake has been riding downtown midland a couple times a week.
    Yeah you have to join the "Permian Basin Bike Association" or whatever it's called. It's like $25 annually and you MUST have this membership to ride at the trails on billy hext. oh, and wear a helmet on the trail also.<-----Not a bad idea.

Members who have read this thread: 0