any trails in the Rio Grande Valley?- Mtbr.com

Nov 2004

any trails in the Rio Grande Valley?

im lookin for some trails in the rgv. ill be here from the 2nd to the 8th. if any one wants to ride and know some trails let me know. help cuz i can only drink so much while im here.

Jan 2004
    I asked this same question a few months ago and here are the responses I got on this link:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=100582
    Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by renetruj
    im lookin for some trails in the rgv. ill be here from the 2nd to the 8th. if any one wants to ride and know some trails let me know. help cuz i can only drink so much while im here.
    It would be best to check with Bicycle World in Brownsville for exact directions. The trails in the Brownsville area are along the levees right next to the river. They are ok. You got to use what is available. It is really best to have someone show you where these trails are, since you need to ride on the levees for a ways to get to them. Anyway, if you are unable to contact anyone, I'll give it a try:

From the corner of Expressway and Alton Gloor, head west passed Walmart. Alton Gloor will end at Military Hwy, US 281. At the stop light on Alton Gloor and 281, you will see a metal building with a dirt road running next to it. Cross the intersection and take the dirt road. You'll pass a palm tree farm on the right. Keep going until you come to a levee, drive up on the levee and turn right. Drive on the levee until you get next to a sand pit on your right. You can park on top of the levee, off to the side. Ride your bike in the same direction and watch for tracks, there is a short little track to your left, but the longer trail is further down the levee right along the river. Looking for tracks will be your best bet. The area is monitored and patrolled by Boarder Patrol, so don't be surprised to see them around.

I haven't ridden there for quite a while, and the trail can get a bit over grown if it hasn't been used.
    It's just a name. Never been above 2656 oz.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by renetruj
    There are trails in Brownsville maintained by the River Rockets (www.riverrockets.com), in
    Harlingen (don't know the contacts), south of Mission (missiontrails.org), and in the La Joya/
    Sullivan City area (teammcallencycling.org)

Members who have read this thread: 0