For all Jack Brooks riders/builders/volunteers- Mtbr.com

Jul 2006

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! For all Jack Brooks riders/builders/volunteers

We built some ladder jumps to set up in a field across the street from a friend's house to ride on around last Thanksgiving. All they've been doing is sitting for the last 5 months. As far as I can tell they're still in good condition but could probably use a little strengthening. We're tired of these just sitting around and are looking to give them to a good home, and we feel they could be used somewhere at Jack Brooks park. I'm more than willing to help transport these out there, but I can't do it alone. If anyone would like to help me take them out there it would be great.

Don't have any pics right now, but I'll try to take some within the next few days. We had a lot of fun riding these and we think other people should have a go on them.

Launch ramp is about 5-6 feet off the ground, probably 10 feet long and a foot and a half wide. Landing is about 4 feet tall, at about 12-14 feet long at about 2 feet wide.

Thanks,
    Nolan

Jul 2006
    Forgot that I actually have a pic of me jumping it on my computer, here it is. We made some changes to the ramp a few days after building it (made the landing longer, therefore less steep) and I believe this pic is after we extended it.

mtbr member
    You'll want to talk with Booker on this. Try emailing him. You can find his email addy here http://ghorba.org/trail-info/jack_brooks
    Or you may want to post this over at the Jack Brooks yahoo group. http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group...brooks_trails/

Jul 2006
    ah cool, didn't know about all that
    thanks, i'll get in contact

mtbr member
    Yea, talk to Booker, he does all that building stuff. Sweet, another one to get a foot of air on.

Jul 2006
    got in touch with the yahoo group
    aiming to bring it out to the park tomorrow

i can get it there fine, but placing it in the trails is gonna be tough
    if anyone that reads here wants to come out and help maneuver this monster through the trees
    pm me your name and phone number and i'll give you a call and update you
    we're going to have to do a little maintenence on these before we can let people ride it
    so it's not 100% sure we'll get to it, but i'm hoping we can

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    cripes cant we keep the trails natural

Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr
    cripes cant we keep the trails natural
    wood is pretty natural

mtbr member
    Dude, extra stuff is just part of what jack brooks is. So few trails have people working on them that are willing to build things, I think its cool and unique. Every other trail system is natural, we need a jack brooks to mix it up sometimes!

Jul 2006
    I live on the far Northwest side of Houston and have never been to Jack Brooks. I see this and read the other comments and I wonder what you guys have going on down there. Any good stuff to jump or is it mostly just XC trails? I'd like to check it out but that's a long drive. My fav spot is still wet and it is starting to thunder again. Do you have more of those ladders and 'North Shore' type stuff?
    Last edited by TXhucker; 07-31-2006 at 11:42 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    its mainly XC type stuff with some nice ups and downs with some good technical root sections.great twists and turns.its a very fun trail we ride it often.there are a few man made things out there that make it fun.

i rate it much beter than memorial park.

mtbr member
    If you go fast, you can drop pretty far on some parts, its alot of fun. Come out atleast once and ride it dude. 45 south, exit 2004 in texas city. go down about 2-3 miles.

Members who have read this thread: 0