Air conditioned trail- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Air conditioned trail

I am from Seattle but my relatives live in the Houston area. I have no idea how you all deal with that heat. Saw this photo https://update.whistlerbike.com/wp-c.../Deep-snow.jpg of the Garbanzo zone in Whistler being dug out and thought about sending some cool thoughts to Texas so my relatives can ride more. Thought others would get a kick out of the photo.

I'll make it to New Braunfels one of these days, float the river and ride at the Schlitterbahn.
    Last edited by bavgumbo; 06-26-2010 at 10:22 AM.

Come see me after class
    Dec 2005
    the cool temps must be nice, but i can't handle the air density (or lack thereof) at high elevation.

EDIT: i just googled Whistler BC and the elevation is only 2200ft; not too bad. i rode in WY/CO/MT and the 10k+ elevation had me winded in 1/4 the time!

mtbr member
    that'd be sweet! Esp. if you crashed on a turn...unless you went head first
    Pedigre

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I prefer to ride in cooler weather, but you'd be surprised what you get acclimated to.

mtbr member
    You just suck it up and go. (100 degrees and a ride beats 100 degrees and no ride).

Take lots of water, stay in the shade, and just don't over do it.

meh
    Quote Originally Posted by string
    You just suck it up and go.
    this is what i tell my friends that are newish (and then call them a feminine body part/hygiene product), usually gets them up moving

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    If it's over 75 we all start melting in Seattle. The Garbanzo Zone at Whistler is finally open this year. Can't wait to head North. Last time I road there it was 95. Have fun guys.

mtbr member
    Camelbak with lots of ice water and ride early or late in the day. You really do just learn to deal with it. The rain here is the worst cause you can't ride the trails when they are muddy because of the clay soil. Sticks to everything like cement and locks up your wheels, not to mention what it does to the trails.

mtbr member
    Actually, I prefer the heat. Sweat makes me feel like I've accomplished something and it's nice to be able to wear shorts and flip flops year round. If you've lived here all your life, it's no big thing.

www.thetexasoutdoors.com
    after a few weeks of it, you get adjusted. Honestly I dont even notice the heat or sweat until I quit moving. Once I stop, then it catches up. But when riding, your focus is on the trail and trees
    www.TheTexasOutdoors.com

^^^ everything outdoors in Texas

Members who have read this thread: 0