9th Street dirt jumps- Mtbr.com

Sep 2006

9th Street dirt jumps

I just moved to Austin a few months ago. I'm kind of sad to see we aren't allowed out on those good looking dirt jumps.

What's the deal? Is there ever any sort of "special events" out there when we can get on them?

Damn snoty bmxers. We use to have this same problem back home with the skate/bike park.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    several of us from DFW took our mountain bikes out there a coupla three times last winter and rode all their stuff. One of our guys (Snapper) killed their biggest line. I, of course, stuck to the more sane stuff. just go out there and ride, just dont tear stuff up.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    There have been a lot of MTB'ers hitting up 9th lately. Word is they are cool with it as long as you're not f'ing things up. If you hose up a lip--you better fix it (which all good DJ'ers should do no matter whose spot they are at or what they are riding).

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Fair number of us hitting them or trying. Dont be a dick, fix it if you **** it up, and go out after it rains to help dig. You let the sign stop you from riding or someone say something?

Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by andy564098
    Fair number of us hitting them or trying. Dont be a dick, fix it if you **** it up, and go out after it rains to help dig. You let the sign stop you from riding or someone say something?

I haven't been out there yet. I saw it on austinbikes.com

Members who have read this thread: 0