6, 12, 24- Mtbr.com

Thread: 6, 12, 24

Feb 2005

6, 12, 24

Any good 6-24 hour races soon???

24hrs of Rockyhill is this weekend, Camp Eagle 6 hour is next month.

SABA 6hours of the DInosaur--Anyone doing this one?? Kinda looks interesting.

Any others???

Mtc
    mtbr member
    Actually Rocky Hill is the 21st.

half-fast rider
    I'm out in San Angelo and will be riding the 6 Hour on a 2 man team.

The course will be a mix of single and double track and about a 9.5-10 miile loop. We have lots of mesquite and prickly pear out here, so come prepared for flats. Stan's or Slime are pretty much required!

The camping / start area is really nice, it's at the north end of the state park along the (mostly dry at the moment) North Concho River. There are lots of nice large pecan trees that we'll be staging under.

The course is almost completely marked, already and we got a nice rain last night, should help put things in nice shape for the race.

We are also having the Chapparal Challenge on Oct 22nd. It is a cross country race and part of the West Texas fall series.

For more info contact either of the shops in town:

Concho Bike (325) 655-7373 ask for Randy or Chad
    BikePro (325) 223-2453 ask for Ronnie or Brian

Hope to see you out.

Kyle

Feb 2005
    I'm definitly gonna try to get out to the race in San Angelo. Any idea how many campsites at the park??

half-fast rider
    There should be plenty of camping. Mostly primitive at the starting area, with sites with full hookups right across the river. There is access to cross the river by bike right into the start area.

I'm not sure how the camping will work for racers. The number for the state park is (325) 949-4757. Kurt or Pat with the park should be able to give you more info. Daily fees for the park are $2 per person.

Come on out and bring some friends.

mtbr member
    I'll be at the 24hrs of Rocky Hill this weekend on one of the 'Grande' 8-racer teams. It'll be my first attempt at night riding with lights. Yikes! I was orignially planning on entering on a 4-man team, but am glad that didn't work out. I'm not sure I am ready for that kind of abuse.

Kelly, congrats on the 3rd place last weekend in Ruston. That, along with your winnings at the raffle makes it a pretty good weekend for you, I guess. I was able to reel in a 4th place spot in my class, despite a nasty crash somewhere around the 1.5 mile mark.

See you in Huntsville(?).

Ian

Feb 2005
    Hallin222--Check your PM!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    The rocky hill race was fun but very cold at night especially with all the creek crossings.

it was my first time for a 24 hour race on a 4 man team and had a blast but it was amazingly hard to get up any motivation to ride in the middle of the night.

mtbr member
    Yup, that wind sure was cold during my 3:30am-4:30am lap. Our NRC/Pedalmasher team came in 3rd of about 12 teams in the 'Grande' 8-rider class. Not bad considering the number of noobies (like me) that we had.

I'm going to try and talk my wife into entering the Camp Eagle 6 hour race with me just for fun. It'd be her first race ever. We'll see how that goes.....

Ian

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    me and a friend are thinking of triing that also.

Members who have read this thread: 0