used CrossCheck- Mtbr.com

Thread: used CrossCheck

"Mr. Britannica"

used CrossCheck

What is a good price for a used CrossCheck frame and fork?

mtbr member
    Remember that they can be ordered from most LBSs new for around $400, less if you order online. When I ordered mine, I had it in hand within a week of ordering and the LBS had treated it with frame-saver and installed my headset.
    It's amazing what people are asking for used stuff these days. Rule of thumb used to be 1/2 of new retail on used items. Now it seems that 85-90% is what people are asking.

What is the condition of the frame? Is it scratched, dented, or rusty in any way?
    Was it treated with frame-saver or something similar when new?
    Some things have changed over the years such as the down-tube braze-ons. They change the colors from batch to batch also.

I would start at about $200 or so, maybe a tad higher. If it was a no-longer-available color that I really liked, add a bit. Damage detracts a bit. Do the braze-ons match the hardware you have or want to use? Does it already have a headset installed, and is it the kind you want? How much has been cut off of the steerer tube? If you want the bars up high, make sure the steerer tube is long enough.

Hope this help you figure out what it is worth to you.

Members who have read this thread: 0