Sea Otter Article and Pics(X-Post from California-NorCal)- Mtbr.com
    Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005

... and if we just ... Sea Otter Article and Pics(X-Post from California-NorCal)

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I'm sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree with you. It's not the race promoters fault that ss want their own special class. Does any other type of bike get a special class? Why not just enter the category that suits your ability level?

I understand ss group rides and even ss only events such SSWC, but when there are already numerous categories created to seperate ability levels why do we need more?

I"m not trying to start a war with you or anyone else. I"m just wondering what the logic is behind this.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005

Idea! Race rules...

Race Rules Section 3 require that bikes have a derailleur and at minimum 3 functional gears.*Note: PDF format, first page loaded is a center print, just scroll down to read through if you want.

I don't want to get too into a discussion about it in this forum, as that type of subject is reserved for the Passion forum, but really quick:

I wasn't racing this time around, but know of quite a few people who're willing to do it alongside geared bikes, even though they can't grab higher gears like everyone else. They all got shut down, and actually are considering getting a petition together for it. (Keep an eye in the Passion forum for it.) It all boils down to a race official's "Interpretation of the Rules". ~Kinda like how racers push the line on NASCAR rules and regulations.

Cool, and no offense taken, I'm glad someone had the guts to stand up and ask me "What, why?" on that part of the article. Thanks!

Peace!!

Obi..

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Hey Obi - sorry we missed you guys, we didn't end up finding the booth until about 11:30!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by obionespeedonly

Cool, and no offense taken, I'm glad someone had the guts to stand up and ask me "What, why?" on that part of the article. Thanks!

Obi..

Actually I was sitting down at the time.

Is that a Norba/USA Cycling rule or something for Sea Otter only?

Maybe we should continue this somewhere else Passion or SS maybe?
    I think others might be interested in this topic.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005

Hope All good...

aword4you-No worries, we'll have other times to hang out.

polish coyote-Not necessarily Sea Otter, yes NORBA/USA Cycling. I do see their point that with the amount of racers there, you sometimes have to tow the line with the rules. Yeah, this should be over in Passion, I'm going to post a question there. Here's the link.

Bye!
    Last edited by Obi; 04-11-2006 at 04:53 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0