mtbr member

Rabbit holes and 2.3-2.5 tires?

Anyone have some pics of their non-plus tires on rabbit hole rims? Currently considering the 2.35 Hans damf, 2.4 minion dhr2 and the 2.4 continental xking. Thanks mike

mtbr member
    I don't remember what posts had pictures, but there have been some people on the bikesdirect / motobecane fatbikes that bought a bike with 26"x50mm rims and threw 2.3" tires on them (the bike was called the gravity knockout). That's the smallest they recommended though because of the increased risk of rim strikes from a super wide rim and not much wider tire. Could probably look there. I remember coming across some of the pictures, and the looked OK for dirt and gravel. I wouldn't trust them in chunky stuff to protect the rim though.
    "a hundred travel books isn't worth one real trip"

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    probably not helpful but i have schwalbe big apple 2.35's on rabbit holes on my ogre but its a pretty high volume tire...i would think maybe a wtb trailboss 2.4 would do well on a rabbit hole...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterspam View Post
    probably not helpful but i have schwalbe big apple 2.35's on rabbit holes on my ogre but its a pretty high volume tire...i would think maybe a wtb trailboss 2.4 would do well on a rabbit hole...
    Thanks- I hadn't looked at wtb tires. Over a decade ago I had a 2.5 weirwolf in 26er flavour on my heckler and it was my fav front tire for several years.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crankpuller View Post
    Thanks- I hadn't looked at wtb tires. Over a decade ago I had a 2.5 weirwolf in 26er flavour on my heckler and it was my fav front tire for several years.
    Just ordered a pair of 2.4 wtb trail bosses and a 2.4 continental x-king - will post pics once I get them mounted for comparison.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    it will be interesting to see how the wtb's profile out on the rh...i note the 29x2.5 et tires are available to order now...

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Hoping the Extraterrestrials that are headed my way look good on green RH's, trying to make my swamp bike more of a road bike and more of a swamp bike at the same time

dressed to play

Hth

Don't know if this helps but here are a few pics of assorted 2.3/2.35 tyres on 50 mm rims. These rims are carbon and I did destroy two of them so the increased risk of rim damage is a consideration.
    Went to a 38 mm rim after as I couldn't fit a plus tyre in the rear of the Stooge anyway. Now running B+ on WTB Scraper i45 on the rearRabbit holes and 2.3-2.5 tires?-imag0563.jpgRabbit holes and 2.3-2.5 tires?-imag0514.jpgRabbit holes and 2.3-2.5 tires?-imag0498.jpg
    apologies as they're not great pics