mtbr member
    Oct 2014

Pug/ Moolander vs Wednesday/ ICT

I have a 29+ Pug which I love and thinking about building up a dedicated full fat. At the moment frontrunner is Moony as I like the options it gives with hubs.I have zero knowledge about geometry etc so want a.bit of advice on new vs older models.
    Bottom line is what can the Wed/ ICT give me over Pug and Moony. I'm not a single track shredder, more of a tourist and want something for year round all surface riding with long days in the saddle.

Cheers
    Chris

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Maybe put the Pug back in fat mode then get an ECR for the 29+. Or just get another Pugs.

I love my WED though. It does shred a bit more easily than an ECR but is plenty comfy for long days and has all the same braze-ons. It overs a number of things that differ from the Moony/Pugs but as usual its simply making tradeoffs.

For me the Moony was great but adjusting the rear brake was stupid, and the tire/rim choices are limited. Really works with 80-100 mm rims and 4.5+ tires only in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Matterhorn View Post
    Maybe put the Pug back in fat mode then get an ECR for the 29+. Or just get another Pugs...
    This is exactly what I would do. Pug is great for all day touring. Better than Wednesday, IMO, because the chainstays are longer. More stable and better for pannier set up, if that's your thing.

ECR would be great here as well (or the new Ogre?...whenever that drops). Although closeout pricing on Pug framesets make it very cost effective...

https://www.universalcycles.com/shop...9&category=128

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by stremf View Post
    ECR would be great here as well (or the new Ogre?...whenever that drops). Although closeout pricing on Pug framesets make it very cost effective...
    New Ogre is turtle heading might drop soon. Maybe Frost Bike? Won't actually be able to buy until....