Price of a Pug- Mtbr.com

Thread: Price of a Pug

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Price of a Pug

I'm wondering how much it cost to build up a complete pugsly. Anyone want to comment? Please note fancyness of components.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Traktor
    I'm wondering how much it cost to build up a complete pugsly. Anyone want to comment? Please note fancyness of components.
    It's basically a normal bike in terms of cost (even for the frame), the exceptions are:

Rims $150 each
    Tires $100 each

Those are rough estimates and will depend on what type of rims you get and where you shop, but everything else is your standard bike.

Chris

29er Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by ctxcrossx
    It's basically a normal bike in terms of cost (even for the frame), the exceptions are:

Rims $150 each
    Tires $100 each

Those are rough estimates and will depend on what type of rims you get and where you shop, but everything else is your standard bike.

Chris
    Don't forget the $10 to $12 each for rimstrips, $60 for a DH BB, tubes are a lil more too ($12 each-ish)
    unityhandbuilt

Devo
    all the above TRUE! and now that the 07' model is grey...you dont have to powder coat it. THANK YOU SURLY! but i still love my OD baby.

if you used surly SS hubs, and made it SS i could see building it for....uhhh....$1500? maybe?
    www.AsanaCycles.com
    "Bicycle Lifestyle, realized." D.G.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    If you shop around, you can put one together for $1800-1900 with XT shifters and derailleurs. I just spec'd 3 out for myself and 2 friends. There is not a lot of sence in buying lightweight parts when putting them on a Puglsey. We found some close-out specials on cranks and used the 15% off coupon at Universal to get the price down.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tozovr
    Don't forget the $10 to $12 each for rimstrips, $60 for a DH BB, tubes are a lil more too ($12 each-ish)
    That's true, although the rim strips didn't work well for me. Since the rim/tire bead interface was so tight, it was messing up the rim strip. I finally went to electrical tape (several wrappings) and it seems to work much better for me. I do have the xc rims, by the way.

Chris

Members who have read this thread: 0