Pick a Peck of Pugsleys- Moab 24hr Team?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Pick a Peck of Pugsleys- Moab 24hr Team?

I wanted to get the ball rolling if there is interest out there for an all Pugsley 24hour team come October in Moab. I raced it last year on Pugs and it is one of the best courses out there for us wider is better types. I figured this will give anyone interested plenty of time to make things happen as well as get in miles before the event. I have the luxury of living less than two hours away so the race has become a yearly event for a good group of us from the area with quite the sprawling basecamp.
    I'm the only one with Pugsley here so I'd need at least 3 more riders to get a team together. I've raced with a 5 person Open team to keep from getting too serious about it the last few years but wouldn't mind doing a 4 person Sport or Expert team.
    Let me know if you are interested and willing to commit the time and cash to come to the middle of nowhere and get dirty. Replies to: tommillermn@hotmail.com, or give the shop a call, Kokopelli Bike and Board, Cortez, Colorado, 970-565-4408. There is plenty of time, we usually get serious about this sometime at the end of August.
    Keep it Fat! Tom Miller

Devo
    definately sounds fun. I've raced a few 24h solo races. a couple of 4th places. in not very serious (race oriented) these days, but i ride every day, since i aint gotz a car. Oh wait...that would make getting to Moab an issue. hmm...sounds fun tho.
    www.AsanaCycles.com
    "Bicycle Lifestyle, realized." D.G.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    If you can pop Pugs in a box and get yourself to Durango by air or even bus, I can take care of the rest. I don't care about placing, I just think it would be a kick to race a full team of Pugsleys. I could even motivate for a duo team if we don't get any more folks to come ride. There's still a ton of time, so keep in touch. Tom

Members who have read this thread: 0