Rent this space for $

New Karate Monkey - Dropper Post Fitment

I have a LEV DX (external route) in use on my Minty Green '15 Karate Monkey. It looks like tomorrow I'll be the owner of another Monkey, a brand spankin' new '17 Monkey 27.5+ factory build in Rhymes with Orange flavor. On my 2015 frame, seatpost depth plays an issue on dropper fitment and the best I could do was the 27.2 diameter, 100mm dropper post. It's buried as far in the seatpost as it will go and just by chance, when extended, is just the right height for me however, 100mm is not my desired drop distance, I want more but that won't happen on this particular frame.

I'm now wondering what length and drop can I expect to use on this new frame. I have a LEV DX 30.9 (which is supposedly the new SP diameter) dropper that's been on a long term loan to my bike shop owner friend and I will get it back so I won't be out the cost of a new dropper. It's a 150mm drop which is my preference on my other bikes.

Anyone in the know that can give me an answer to this? What are you using on your new 'Gnot Boost' frame?

Rent this space for $
    Well, no quick responses so I had to figure it out myself so I just bought a bike to get the answer.

For the sake of someone looking for the same info in the future, the maximun insertion depth from the top of the seat tube, clamp included, is 260mm. The new Gnot Boost frame and it's 30.9 seat tube diameter allows for much deeper insertion. TWSS, I know.

New Karate Monkey - Dropper Post Fitment-orangemonkey.jpg
    Last edited by Oh My Sack!; 01-21-2018 at 11:39 PM.