new botton bracket and crank- Mtbr.com
    rebmem rbtm

new botton bracket and crank

ok i just cracked my bottom bracket and messed up my cranks really bad. of course my bike is a surly and more specifically the instigator. now that i messed those up i need to find a BB and crank combo that works for a 73mm wide english threaded bottom bracket, any ideas?

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005

Good job!

Truvativ, Race-Face, Shimano.

I've been thinking of trying out Hone outboard style, gotta find the right customer who's not afraid to spend a littlt more. Up 'til now, I've been putting on Truvativ Hussefelt's and Team D/H isis bb/cranks with no warranty issues at all.

I can't remember what kit you've been running off the top of my head, but visit the D/H Forum and see what's been working for the peeps.

rebmem rbtm
    i went up to the LBS and he suggested shimano xt crankarms and bb. theyre the new x-type so i figured theyd last longer then my old octalink setup, so i went ahead and got them ordered up. my instigator will be up again on saturday

rebmem rbtm
    little late to ask, but how are the xt's for trail use and a little jumping (6 foot drop at max)

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    XT's really arent designed for jumping so be forewarned...more og a hone or saint thing if you are shimano-loyal. Personally Im a Race Face guy, but if jumping is your thing, you cant beat profile or diety cranks

I live to bike
    the XTs will be fine. light, stiff, strong. Hone isn't much different from LX. Of course, Saints are great for dh and huge drops, but with a significant weight penalty for trail riding.

rebmem rbtm
    i got them a while ago and hhave been using them. they are light and stiff, but the stock chainrings suck. they slip so much. i already have really knocked my ankle on my pedals pretty hard (pain) i think theyll be replaced in a week or so.

Members who have read this thread: 0