My brand new Karate Monkey- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004

My brand new Karate Monkey

I just finished my new KM build tonight after work. The commute home was fun and even though I've only got 4 miles on it I have a feeling this whole 29er thing is going to be worth it.

Some obvious changes include a front derailleur to keep the chain in place and some clipless pedals for trail/non-commuting applications. Right now it is a 1x9 set up with Avid mechanical disc brakes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Lookin Good!

32by18.blogspot.com
    hi there!

gonna build mine up in a few weeks! why not get a bashring/third-eye chain watcher to keep the chain on? or a short-cage rear mech? been thinking going 1x8 on mine, but I may just bite the bullet ang go 32x18, and use parts from my SS 26er hehe

expect pics from me soon!

let us know how your drivetrain tweaking goes
    mabuhay ang ReboluSSyon!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I got a few good rides in this last week. One early morning ride to watch the sun rise over the lake and another night ride at a different location. I haven't ridden without front suspension in a number of years so it was a little rough to get used to, but the 29er wheels were great.

Oh by the way I used a front derailleur to keep the chain on without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by P.I.-SSer
    hi there!

gonna build mine up in a few weeks! why not get a bashring/third-eye chain watcher to keep the chain on? or a short-cage rear mech? been thinking going 1x8 on mine, but I may just bite the bullet ang go 32x18, and use parts from my SS 26er hehe

expect pics from me soon!

let us know how your drivetrain tweaking goes
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0