Marzocchi MX pro on a 1x1?- Mtbr.com
    banned

Marzocchi MX pro on a 1x1?

I hust got a great deal on a mx pro. Will a 100mm fork work on a 1x1. How bad will the geometry be off. Is the bike safe to ride with this fork?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

should work

I ran that fork on my 1x1 for a 12 hour race this year. The bike rode just fine. The only problem I had with it was that it got rid of the little standover height I had. Other than that it worked well, altough I personaly still perfer the steel fork. The nice thing with the MX Pro is that with the ETA you can lower the fork when you don't need all the travel.

Hope this helps

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by madonenm
    I ran that fork on my 1x1 for a 12 hour race this year. The bike rode just fine. The only problem I had with it was that it got rid of the little standover height I had. Other than that it worked well, altough I personaly still perfer the steel fork. The nice thing with the MX Pro is that with the ETA you can lower the fork when you don't need all the travel.

Hope this helps

Thanks,

I perfer the rigid also. With my back I need to have the option of throwing a suspension fork on the bike.

what's that rattle?

Geometry Switch

Good to hear that the bike rides OK with a 100mm fork. I was thinking about picking one up myself. Assuming a large frame and 25mm of sag, I figure this fork will slacken the head angle to 68.5 degrees, raise the BB by 1.7" and stretch the wheelbase out 0.7".

Sounds OK for some rougher stuff!

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blofeld
    Good to hear that the bike rides OK with a 100mm fork. I was thinking about picking one up myself. Assuming a large frame and 25mm of sag, I figure this fork will slacken the head angle to 68.5 degrees, raise the BB by 1.7" and stretch the wheelbase out 0.7".

Sounds OK for some rougher stuff!

Forgive my ignorance, but what are the pro's and con's of running a 100mm fork?

what's that rattle?
    Quote Originally Posted by JrockFeltaz
    what are the pro's and con's of running a 100mm fork?
    I've never actually put suspension on my 1x1 (unless you count a really big tire), but I'm curious to hear what people who've tried a few different forks have to say.

From the other hardtails I've had, going from 80-100mm slows the steering down and makes it easier to run over stuff. It never felt really drastic to me though...

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blofeld
    going from 80-100mm slows the steering down and makes it easier to run over stuff. It never felt really drastic to me though...

Thanks again! That pretty much answers it for.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I hate to be the Devils Advocate but....... I ran a Fox Float 100mm on my 1x1 after a full summer on a rigid Pace and I hated it. As expected, it was fine on the flats and when descending but on tight single track and hills it sucked balls. I switched out 100mm Fox Float 80mm and that helped alot.
    I'm thinking the ETA might help but you still might want the check the AC length to be sure.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailVictim
    I hate to be the Devils Advocate but....... I ran a Fox Float 100mm on my 1x1 after a full summer on a rigid Pace and I hated it. As expected, it was fine on the flats and when descending but on tight single track and hills it sucked balls. I switched out 100mm Fox Float 80mm and that helped alot.
    I'm thinking the ETA might help but you still might want the check the AC length to be sure.

Same thing here....the 100mm sucked. The weight on the front end made the bike a nightmare to ride on technical stuff. I put the rigid back on, and the mx pro went on the gearie.

Members who have read this thread: 0