Looking to buy Surly Cross-Check....- Mtbr.com
    (aka SS_MB-7)

Looking to buy Surly Cross-Check....

I'm looking to buy a '05 or '06 Surly Cross-Check complete bike. I'm located in Ottawa, ON, Canada and noticed that the MSRP on the Cross-Check is listed as $1800CDN, according to the Distributor's (NRG) PDF catalogue. That's ridiculous!

In looking at the pic in the catalogue, it appears to be an older model and was (hopefully) priced according to our much lower CDN dollar during at that time. So, I'm hoping that today's MSRP isn't nearly that much, because if it is, that's crazy and is twice the US price. I've left a voicemail with NRG to get details on the current MSRP. Currently, the US/Can exchange is 1.15, not 2.0

So, in anticipation that the price in Canada is ridiculous vs that in the US (as they usually are), can anyone give me a US source (whose willing to ship to Canada) for a complete Cross-Check?
    Ride Hard,
    Mike B. (MCM# 7.77)
    http://www.one-speed.com

"Mr. Britannica"

me too

older model, 1" head tube, size 46cm frame +/- fork

Tame the Penguin!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1speed_Mike
    So, in anticipation that the price in Canada is ridiculous vs that in the US (as they usually are), can anyone give me a US source (whose willing to ship to Canada) for a complete Cross-Check?
    1speed_Mike,

Check with Larry at Mountain High Cyclery in Colorado, USA. www.mtnhighcyclery.com The website doesn't show anything in regards to his Surly offererings but he deals in all Surly product lines. I just bought a Puglsey from him. His handbuilt custom wheels are the bomb. I also saw a Cross Check he did for one customer and a Karate Monkey he did for another in Lake Tahoe.....it was a very cool rig. Larry is very experienced with International shipping so he can tell you what your options are as well.

Good luck....

--Beast

(aka SS_MB-7)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Beastro
    1speed_Mike,

Check with Larry at Mountain High Cyclery in Colorado, USA. www.mtnhighcyclery.com The website doesn't show anything in regards to his Surly offererings but he deals in all Surly product lines. I just bought a Puglsey from him. His handbuilt custom wheels are the bomb. I also saw a Cross Check he did for one customer and a Karate Monkey he did for another in Lake Tahoe.....it was a very cool rig. Larry is very experienced with International shipping so he can tell you what your options are as well.

Good luck....

--Beast

Thanks Beast. I've done some business with Larry in the past (excellent prices and service) and will touch-base with him regarding the Surly Cross-Check. The prices up-here in Canada are just too high relative to those in the US (i.e., double!), so it is certainly worth it to buy from the US.

M.
    Ride Hard,
    Mike B. (MCM# 7.77)
    http://www.one-speed.com

Members who have read this thread: 0