Diabolus for Pugsley- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Diabolus for Pugsley

I wanted to let all in Pugsleyland know that the 2-Piece Race Face Diabolus crankset fits just fine. The strength, stiffness, and wide bearing placement makes you feel like you're riding some little shaved-leg racing hardtail. Installation was trouble free but seating the driveside crankarm to the spindle takes a little sweat. Back it off a few times and apply a little extra grease and things go smoothly. I even have an additional 2.5mm spacer behind the E-clamp to eliminate some chain rubbing on tire issues and only needed to move a few spacers around to make things fit properly. They come as crankset with BB only, so you'll have to buy some rings or swap over your old ones. Besides, they look really cool.
    Tom Miller
    Kokopelli Bike and Board
    Cortez, CO

ps, I highly reccomend a two ring 36t/22t set-up for you Gripshift users, it's awesome!

Devo

pics?

would you please post pics? as it is, with my Pug, I've resorted to taking a grinder the XT E-type frt drlr to remove a bit of the "heel" from the cage to reduce/stop tire rub.

peace....d
    www.AsanaCycles.com
    "Bicycle Lifestyle, realized." D.G.

Obi
    -_-
    Oct 2005

New question here. Yeah, ditto that request...

..let's see some pics posted.

Obi..

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Diabolus pics

Sorry guys, it takes me a while to get back here because our toddler thinks the power button on the computer is cool. I'm a bike guy, not a computer guy, so I hope the pics work.
    Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images

Devo
    thanks for the pics.
    im running an FSA set up, and often (daily) wish for maybe a 50t. like a compact road crank set up, or maybe even a touring crankset, but the frt drlr wont take a ring that big.

on the other side of things, have you managed to get the frnt drlr to not rub?
    for the most part mine doesnt rub. only when the psi is super low, and im climbing something steep i get a rub every often.

you mentioned that you used a 2.5mm spacer on the drive side for the BB. so im thinking you did the same with the E-type post for the drlr mount. ya?

peace.......d
    www.AsanaCycles.com
    "Bicycle Lifestyle, realized." D.G.

No, that's not phonetic
    I ground the back inside corner of the f der off. No more rub.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I only run two rings up front (36/22t) so I put a standard 2 piece crank spacer (Shimano cranks come with three of them so most shops have a bunch in a drawer someplace)between the E-clamp and the BB shell. In order to space the E-clamp to the same distance I just put a presta valve ring between the bolt and the frame tab. It works great as long as you don't need that third ring. Tom

Members who have read this thread: 0