Crosscheck shipped to the UK?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Crosscheck shipped to the UK?

Hi,

I'm after a Surly Crosscheck complete bike but I have a small problem- they aren't available in the UK. I'm not about to let a detail like that hold me back, so I've been scouring the 'net and have come across a couple of mail order sites based in the US.

Speedgoat have them at $915, seem to have an excellent reputation, and deliver to the UK. Great.

Further investigation unearthed Full Cycles. They have them at $797.77! Fantastic price. I've emailed the shop to ask whether they are prepared to ship to the UK, but in the meantime can you tell me anything about their reputation? Can I buy from them with confidence or should I avoid?

Secondly, can anyone point me in the direction of any US based mail order sites I might have missed, that might carry Crosschecks at a price competitive with what I've already found? It should go without saying, but I'm really only interested in companies with a proven record of good customer service. I've not bought anything direct from the States before, so I'd like to feel confident that everything will go smoothly.

Thanks in advance for your help.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    You can't get one from Brixton Cycles?

They're the best Surly dealer I know in the UK.

Google 'em.

Duncan

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Tim from Sideways cycles in Alsager can get them, your just not looking hard enough, also try Mark Anthony Bikes Direct, thats where I got mine from.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Yeah, those shops sell the frames - for 300 ($550) - and you spec your own build. Would work out to about a grand ($1,840) for a complete bike.

I'm after the Surly spec complete bike though, which, as stated, isn't available in the UK. But I have seen them online available from the US for as little as $787 (430!).

So - anyone know of any US mail order shops that can beat that price?

And does anyone know anything about Full Cycles? Do they gave a good reputation?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Fungolo; 07-10-2006 at 07:11 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    seems not many have heard of Full Cycles, so that might be an indication...Speedgoat is a top-notch outfit, so you might want so go there if for nothing else but customer service issues....just my .02

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Activesport.co.uk (Mark Anthony Direct), complete bike 900. Even offer interest free. If you order from the US, budget for import tax.

Daddy of 3 now!
    Speedgoat excellent customer service. I have ordered many items without a problem.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Cheers

Thanks for your replies everyone. I also posted this thread in the Where Are The Best Deals? forum and heard positive feedback about both shops.

I apologise Moody, I guess you can get complete Crosschecks in the UK. However, at 430 from Full Cycles I think I'll import and pay the postage/import duties. That's too good a price!

Members who have read this thread: 0