Cross Check forks- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Cross Check forks

Anyone use a MTB-rigid fork on their CC? I am thinking about using mine as a singletrack surfer all SS'd out for winter, but have reservations bashing the stock fork against all the roots and rocks that E-PA has to offer....I figure I can run a beefier fork and front tire along with a fatty CX rear tire (recommendations, anyone?) to have some real fun blasting away without having to buy an 'actual' 29'er

mtbr member
    If you think the fork might not be up to the abuse you plan, then the frame may not be, either. The Cross Check frame and fork are probably of similar durability, so changing to a mountain bike fork would turn the frame into the weak link.

mtbr member
    If you think the fork might not be up to the abuse you plan, then the frame may not be, either. The Cross Check frame and fork are probably of similar durability, so changing to a mountain bike fork would turn the frame into the weak link.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    not looking to abuse it, just not get the deflection from the stock fork- also since it is a crown-fork I am concerned about it cracking at the crown.....

Members who have read this thread: 0