1K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  singlesprocket 
#1 ·
arrived last night, had to make a quick stop for eats at Chez Bolduc

next morning headed to the market

picked up a couple of things...

See less See more
#8 ·
tonights beer selection...

explored around baie saint paul due to all the rain. all i can say is wow! the area has huge potential, great elevation. a real future jem. a few pic's, but we where in and out of the clouds as we went up and down the costal elevations

#11 · (Edited)
i call it raw... the area is one big rock garden. with all the rain/snow melt you get, the trail washes out fast on the mountain. then you come in with the excavator during spring and reshape the trail with jumps, berms etc (dh trails 7.5 km's long might i add)... it's how they do things here, it works for them and they have good reason why they do it. the trails are challenging, beautiful, unique, and quite tough... that's why i enjoy the area so much... oh and they hold a world cup here.

#14 ·
Just adding a few more pics from QC and MSA.

To the east of the Marche there was a 3D Image Mill and to the west Cirque du Soleil were performing les Chemins Invisibles under the highway overpass

Another beautiful attraction along the trail

and a pic of me after crossing a bridge and rolling over a rooty/ rocky section of La Vietnam

The Image Mill
Cirque du Soleil

#19 ·
Usually DH or AM bikes are so loud that you can hear them about 2-3 minutes behind you on the MSA trails. I was riding L'Arche du Boisée on an XC bike a couple of years ago and I could hear the big bikes rattling down behind me with lots of time to pick an optimum spot to move to one side.
good for you, that's one of my biggest fears is hitting a slower rider (it would be ugly). though you never know if they are wearing earbuds. safety first.

#20 ·
People who use ear buds while riding on trail networks are Darwin award candidates. :skep:

Of course with any kind of DH or freeride trail (or descending XC trail for that matter) you always have that risk of running into a critter, a slower rider, or running over a rider who has gone down or had a major mechanical, I find it's never a good idea to ride with the assumption that the trail will always be clear beyond any obstructed view. At least on a trail network like MSA, you don't have to worry about hikers on the bike trails.

#21 ·
one of the things i try to teach people is to pull off to the side right away if you stop on a dh trail.

though when dhing at blue you have to be extra vigilant with the sheer number of tourist wandering about. it's like herding cats for the safety crew.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.