890 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  pimpbot 
#1 ·
Here's some pics for you...

Keep them wide.

So you can get a feel for size.

Nice color, eh?

Pre-2003 disc-tabs.

Again, for size.

Some other tidbits...the headtube is the thickest I've ever seen--at least 6 mm, probably more. The gussets are plentiful on the pre-2003 models, but they added a really fat one at the HT/DT/TT junction (I would hardly say it's necessary, but what the hell, right?). They also have a fatter seat-tube on the 04s--30 mm, or thereabouts, opposed to the 27.2 on mine. The stays will clear a 2.7 Maxis fine, but with not much mud room; I've yet to try a 3.0 Gazzi (who needs that much tire?), but, with careful wheel placement--the stays have a large, ovalized cutout for tires--it might happen. It's not only the stiffest, but also the most forgiving aluminum bike I've ever ridden. That said, it's still aluminum, and my next bike will be steel, with very similar, if not identical, geometry. Any more questions? ErictheRed has spent more time on his than I on mine, and it might be worth probing him, too, though his has always been geared.

See less See more
#2 ·
Mine's getting there..................

Can't wait, ALL I need to do is get my ENO Freewheel, Hub and Cranks, then build the wheels and Voila'!!! :)
Are you runnin' a 34/18 with the discs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.