Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Ouch!!

1K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  cactuscorn 
#1 ·
Pics pretty much say it all, but the little gizmo on top caught it all in first person.:madman: :madman: :madman: :rolleyes: Vid to come.

happy trails...

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
squish said:
LOL, nope that ones all me. I'm good, just a little stiff, and have a bit of a headache. Just took some aspirin and am heading to bed here in a bit, after the video finishes producing.

happy trails...

squish
Stiff, me too!! I was out riding today and decided to build a log/rock ramp over some deadfall and slipped on some wet leaves. I tried to catch myself and felt my shoulder "POP" on the way down. I shook it off and kept going, but I am feeling it now. Heal well.

#5 ·
ahh yes, our big lumberjack tried to take down yet another tree. we were workin on hittin this new mini road gap and i was up the hill, round the corner, waitin my next turn when i hear 3 distinct sounds...

tire skiddin on leaves

somethin big hittin somethin hard

the unmistakeable sound of a stem bein forcefully relocated on a steerer tube.​

when i got there he was still pretty dazed but his brain seemed to be on-line so we surveyed any potential damage then got him on his feet. after a little stem cell work ol paul bunyan got back on and finished the ride on a nice, fast, flowy, droppy section he might just have some killer video of.

stiff and sore yesterday? i wouldnt wanna be him today.

#6 ·
Hope you head isn't to sore!

As an aside i have the same head cam as you but have found it doesn't like bumpy trails to much as its hard to stop it rattling in the mount supplied, Does the way you have secured yours to your lid help this? i think i might give it a go.

ta

Iain

#7 ·
The zip tie and piece of foam I used helped stabilize it quiet a bit. The only time it really bounced was when I was getting bounced pretty good. The foam over the microphone helps to kill a lot of the wind noise too.

I'm definatley feeling it today but not as bad as I thought I would. My wrist hurts more than anything else but that'll go away.

350, hope you heal up quick. I know the shoulder thing can suck pretty bad, got some bad cartiladge (spelling??) in one of mine that I just haven't had fixed yet, but it doesn't hurt most of the time.:rolleyes:

happy trails...

squihs

#15 ·
El Chingon said:
Hey Squish, you might as well change your handle to "Crack" with all the mishaps lately. :thumbsup:
I was thinking of Woody myself.

CC, working on getting the vids together now, I went to bed pretty early last night. Should hopefully have it up tonight or tomorrow.

happy trails...

squish

#16 ·
rock on there.... stumpy. hope the raw footage give ya plenty to work with. hows day 2? its day 3 thats always a killer. lets go back out there next weekend and see if we need to fill in the trough yer forehead left on the trail. yer worse than a horse after a rain at stone.

#17 ·
Heh, I smacked a tree good in Flag yesterday, and hit the ground twice. I kind of "forgot" to take the leg armor, but it would have saved my legs a good deal...but I wouldn't have any wounds I could brag with though.

Trails in pictures;

Wasabi (freeride fun)

Lost Burrito (bloody steep and loose death trap where that horst link and braking actually come together)

Attachments

#19 ·
Finally got this thing to load onto youtube. Quality isn't half bad even with the compression on you tube. This'll give you a taste of the single track around here, it's not half bad, but it's not the best I've ridden.

Bonus is there's two crashes, ones not much just a front wheel wash out. The second is the biggy!!

Felling pretty good today, have full range of motion and strength back in my wrist, got a little whip lash going on in the neck and a huge knot of muscle above my right butt cheek. It'll all work it self out by the weekend for sure.

Enjoy the vid, sorry there's no music but we'll work on that later, so for now you get to listen to crunchy leaves and branches hitting my helmet!!

happy trails...

squish

#20 ·
squish said:
Finally got this thing to load onto youtube. Quality isn't half bad even with the compression on you tube. This'll give you a taste of the single track around here, it's not half bad, but it's not the best I've ridden.

Bonus is there's two crashes, ones not much just a front wheel wash out. The second is the biggy!!

Felling pretty good today, have full range of motion and strength back in my wrist, got a little whip lash going on in the neck and a huge knot of muscle above my right butt cheek. It'll all work it self out by the weekend for sure.

Enjoy the vid, sorry there's no music but we'll work on that later, so for now you get to listen to crunchy leaves and branches hitting my helmet!!

happy trails...

squish
Glad you are feeling better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.