Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New River Trail

945 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Mark194 
#1 ·
Hey Guy's -

Anyone know how far North the new river trail goes? Looks like Deer Valley RD and 75th from some online maps I found.

Anyone know if there is a path that takes the trail north to Happy Valley or Jomax? If so, is it dirt and rideable?

Thanks

#2 ·
Hey Guy's -

Anyone know how far North the new river trail goes? Looks like Deer Valley RD and 75th from some online maps I found.

Anyone know if there is a path that takes the trail north to Happy Valley or Jomax? If so, is it dirt and rideable?

Thanks
There are paved portions that head south of Happy Valley Road both on the east and west side of New River Wash. There is also a non-paved path that goes north from Jomax (East side of the wash) and disappears past the development as it heads toward the dam. The land between those two pieces if vacant State Trust land with many jeep roads.

Somewhere south of Happy Valley, the paved portion ends and it just becomes vacant land. Since it's all relatively flat, you should be able to link all the sections from Deer Valley to Happy Valley to Jomax.

I believe that Peoria is "letting" developers pick up the tab for the sections that run next to their developments. So some of the sections are currently discontinuous.

#4 ·
Thanks man,

I took it south from Jomax last night. I was good headed south of Happy Valley on the west side of the wash until roughly pinnacle peak rd, bunch of construction there, couldn't get through on the west side of the wash. It was getting dark, and the coyotes where everywhere, so I will go back and try the west side of the wash heading south of happy valley.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.