XX Twist Grips Coming?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

XX Twist Grips Coming?

I guess the title says it all. Does anyone know if/when Sram will be putting out a set of 10spd twist grips?

LA CHÈVRE
    Nothing on the horizon as far as I know. Seeing all the sponsored pros switching from twisties to triggers with XX makes me think there wont be any XX Grip Shifts... Unless the pros complain a lot (I'd doubt it, most just use whatever works that they're given) and/or sales justify a change of stance from SRAM (I'd doubt it too, the sale ratio of twist shifters to triggers is currently already so low), I don't see XX twisters happening...

I guess a X.0 Grip Shift could be used for the front derailleur and a XX trigger for the rear. I loved Grip Shifts for the front, especially with a 2x9 or 2x10 setup so you could trim the front and avoid chain rub. Apparently the XX setup allows the use of all gear combos with no chain rub thanks the front derailleur's cage shape. On the rear, I don't mind triggers.

Of course another plus for Grip Shifts is it's cheapness but I'm sure SRAM would rather see you spend more on the triggers...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Well, that blows if they don't make them. I like the gripshifters so much that I will stay with 9spd components just to keep them. Since switching to twisties a couple of years ago I have come to pretty much despise triggers. The X0 twisties are really the only thing that has made me exclusively stick with Sram components.

LA CHÈVRE
    Note that I have no insider info or anything, I'm just thinking out loud here. But someone in another thread is currently working on a part that you would swap inside a current X.0 Grip Shift to make it 10 speed and match the Exact Actuation cable pull ratio to work with a XX rear derailleur and road derailleurs...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    IMHO nothing works as well as XO gripshift. Would love to see it added to the xx line.

Where's that xo grip/xx adapter thread you mentioned?

LA CHÈVRE
    It's at weightweenies.com, the guy posted here but didn't get as much feedback/enthusiasm...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Nothing on the horizon as far as I know. Seeing all the sponsored pros switching from twisties to triggers with XX makes me think there wont be any XX Grip Shifts...

Of course another plus for Grip Shifts is it's cheapness but I'm sure SRAM would rather see you spend more on the triggers...

i dont think they would give a [email protected]#$ if you spent more on either, i think the one with the greater margin might have a care factor. ie if they make $20 on a $300 part or $30 on a $200 part, all things being equal, the price doesnt matter, its margin. ask macca's, all their margin is in the fries. (gross generalisation)

i dont know what srams game is, but the cost benefit has come up with a 'no' at this time. maybe in the 2nd generation.

LA CHÈVRE
    Hummm, interesting post over at weightweenies.com, apparently, Greg Herbold has said the XX Grip Shifts are in testing and will probably come next year.

Members who have read this thread: 0