XX Matchmaker Clamps, Pic request- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008

XX Matchmaker Clamps, Pic request

Could someone post pics of their XX matchmaker clamps installed as you see them in a riding position?

I bought the shifters and brakes for a recent build. After assembling everything and taking a test ride I realized the right shifter is way to close to my hand. I can hardly fit my hand between the shifter and the barend. With the left brake/shifter levers mounted in the exact same spot I have plenty of room. After further inspection I realized I had to LH mounts. That's why the right shifter is shifted to the right. My LBS contacted SRAM and at first they thought we didn't know what was up. A second person at SRAM admitted that early XX sets were sent with the wrong matchmaker clamps. So they sent me a new RH clamp, as it stated on the package. It is still wrong! The clamp for the RH needs to be the opposite of the LH. I verified this on a Trek Top Fuel of a rider who I happened to run in to on the trail who had XX. Something is screwed up with their packaging at SRAM but I need pic.'s to show how the clamps should be. I only have pic.'s of mine which are wrong. This is really beginning to piss me off. My new bike is dialed except for this stupid item.

mtbr member
    yes i got the wrong XX matchmaker clamps also i just went ahead and orderd some new ones from these guys

http://www.hucknroll.com/mountainbik...057&mv_pc=r126

once installed everything works fine.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL 9000
    yes i got the wrong XX matchmaker clamps also i just went ahead and orderd some new ones from these guys

Thanks for the reply but why the hell should I go spend another $45+ shipping for something that SRAM should make right. Unfortunately they don't even know their own products.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Can you post a pic. of your left hand, right hand, and both together from a riding position?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Still haven't rectified this as Sram thinks my Lbs and I are crazy. Could someone please post a pic. of your XX matchmakers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DekerfTeamST
    Thanks for the reply but why the hell should I go spend another $45+ shipping for something that SRAM should make right. Unfortunately they don't even know their own products.
    life is not fair get over it... and yeah somehow i ended up with two left matchmaker dohicky things rather than *****ing on a internet forum or wasting the local bike shop guys time i just bought a left and right sram xx matchmaker set.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    life is not fair get over it... and yeah somehow i ended up with two left matchmaker dohicky things rather than *****ing on a internet forum or wasting the local bike shop guys time i just bought a left and right sram xx matchmaker set.
    What ever, apparently you have money coming out of your a*s!

Seems your reply to anybody on this site is to go buy it. Hell I saw you giving some poor sap a hard time for not putting up with a bike manufacturers [email protected] and that he's an idiot for not having a spare bike. Most people are here to help others. You're here to be pr#ck.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DekerfTeamST
    What ever, apparently you have money coming out of your a*s!
    cheap bastard

your whining about $45 when your running a $2000 groupset?

Members who have read this thread: 0