XX FD with Grip shift- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,440

    XX FD with Grip shift

    could you use a XO grip shift with the XX front derailleur even though they would claim you probably could not?

    There are multiple detents on the 3 speed grip shift...not just 3. I would almost find it hard to believe that it would not be sufficient for a 2 speed front

  2. #2
    Cuánto pesa?
    Reputation: Jake Pay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,823
    Quote Originally Posted by mx_599
    could you use a XO grip shift with the XX front derailleur even though they would claim you probably could not?

    There are multiple detents on the 3 speed grip shift...not just 3. I would almost find it hard to believe that it would not be sufficient for a 2 speed front
    I've been running the XX f/d with an XO grip shifter
    since last summer without any issues...


  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Pay
    I've been running the XX f/d with an XO grip shifter
    since last summer without any issues...

    great

    thanks!

    follow-up, so should it work with 3 chain rings as well?

  4. #4
    Cuánto pesa?
    Reputation: Jake Pay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,823
    Quote Originally Posted by mx_599
    great

    thanks!

    follow-up, so should it work with 3 chain rings as well?
    I haven't tried XX f/d with 3 chainrings.. I got the XX f/d to run a 2X9 drivetrain...


Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.