XX BB30 Press fit vs GXP- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

XX BB30 Press fit vs GXP

My main question-Is SRAM building 1 (one) crank and allowing the ability for the end user/frame builders to spec which Bottom Bracket to use? This is what I am gathering.

I have found weights for the GXP BB at 118g, I have found conflicting weights on the Press Fit BB30. Anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

Freedom Isn't Free
    If I understand you question correctly, the answer is no. There are XX cranks to fit GXP, PressFit GXP, BB30, and PressFit 30 bottom brackets...not all or either. If you have a frame w/a standard english threaded bottom bracket, you have to use the GXP version. I believe there is an adaptor for BB30 frames that allows use of a GXP bottom bracket (but not the other way around). I think the frame builders see the advantages of BB30 and have begun making more frames w/that type of bottom bracket (especially on very expensive carbon XC race frames...which is the market XX fits into).

Weights...no idea, sorry.

mtbr member
    Thank you.

LA CHÈVRE
    There is one GXP crankset and one BB30. I'm not sure about the GXP but the BB30 doesn't come with the BB so you buy either BB30 bearings (with circlips, sheilds and spacers needed I would guess) or the Press Fit BB30 bearing kit separatly to fit your frame...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Members who have read this thread: 0