XO shifters... angle adjustment???- Mtbr.com
    trail addict

XO shifters... angle adjustment???

Explain a little to me about the lever angle adjustment for X0 shifters.... just got a new (used) bike and the front shifter's big paddle was catching on the little paddle.... I fiddled with it a little trailside and it is OK now, but I was want to know what else can be done. I basically loosened the pinch bolt and moved the whole lever.... but what about the allen head in the middle... does it have anything to do with free-play or lever position?

Thanks
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

CHOP!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Six Pack
    the front shifter's big paddle was catching on the little paddle...
    Then your paddle is bent. Either take it off and bend it back or buy a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Six Pack
    but what about the allen head in the middle...
    That will disassemble your shifter in a bad way; don't do it.

Read:
    http://www.sram.com/en/service/
    It's not where it's made but how it's made.

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinsMental
    I did.... and it didn't say anything about the allen in the middle.... that's why I was asking. Thanks.
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member
    Sounds like a bent paddle to me, too. I went OTB and smashed my knee into the shifter and bent my paddle, and it did the same thing. I took it off and bent it back no problem.

trail addict
    BTW, the bent paddle makes perfect sense now that I think about it... never had that before (lucky, I guess).

But how abut, hypothetically speaking, if I loosened that middle bolt a lot and then tightened it right back up when it didn't seem to do anything. Just suppose I did that.... any harm done?

Please note: this hypothetical situation actually happened, before I even posted yesterday. It still works fine, but it sounds as if you know more than me what that bolt is holding in...

Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 1