X.9 or X.0 - is there much of a diff?- Mtbr.com
    Aussie Aussie Aussie!

X.9 or X.0 - is there much of a diff?

Hi guys,

Im new to Sram on my 2010 Titus Rockstar - but sadly the rear hanger failed on me last weekend, and the bike literally ate the X.9 rear derailleur.

So, in my angst, I swore to go back to XT and what I know - but since, Ive realised it wasnt the components at fault, just the hanger - and a random event - and have been encouraged to stick with Sram - and to even try the X.0 grip shift.

Ive ordered myself an X.0 grip shift kit - and now need the derailleur. Looking online at prices, there seems to be a VAST price difference between X.9 and X.0 rear deraillers. I can get a X.9 for about AUD$80, whereas a X.0 is about AUD$250+

So, my question is - is X.0 really worth it? Is it worth matching the X.0 shifters with the X.0 rear derailleur?

Cheers
    2013 Giant XTC Advanced SL0 Carbon
    2011 TCR Advanced SL
    2012 Omnium
    2013 29CX Frankenbike

ups and downs
    A bit of weight difference, and there should be some difference in the pivot bushings. They will work near identically. If you're not 100% committed to the SRAM route you could go all the way down to the X-7 (= a 2 year old X-9) and see what you think of grip shift.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
    Thanks mate.

I just hope its not like XT vs XTR, as I found XTR to wear out really quickly and be quite delicate compared to XT.

As far as weight goes, being 220lb - the last thing I need to worry about is grams

I mean, if it makes the whole X.0 gripshift experience better, Id be keen?
    2013 Giant XTC Advanced SL0 Carbon
    2011 TCR Advanced SL
    2012 Omnium
    2013 29CX Frankenbike

Members who have read this thread: 0