what is zero loss and is it worth it?- Mtbr.com
    meatheadboy
    Aug 2006

what is zero loss and is it worth it?

Hey All,

I've got three years on my set of X-7 shifters paired to X-9 and LX front and they have about seen enough. I've been really happy with them, they've taken more falls than i care to remember. It is time to replace, will i see much of a difference in upgrading to X-9 shifters? I don't ever look at the shift indicator so i won't miss that but is X-9 worth the extra $$$ over X-7's?

Thanks!

John

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Yeah zero loss is great, it means there is no free play in the shift lever before it starts pulling the cable so shifting is much quicker, in use you can't feel much difference between x9 and x0, the main difference is bling, weight and adjustability. There is also something in the lh shifter that makes shifting the front gears much better, I would get x9 over x7 every time.

mtbr member
    When you push your lever and hear a click, your chain should be in the next gear. That happens with every shifter out there. Low-end or high-end. Sram or Shimano. New marketing can sell more higher end items for more money. This my friend, is marketing. Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

Members who have read this thread: 0