WANTED: 10-Speed GripShift XX / XO (i.e. GripShift, the origins of SRAM) - Page 2- Mtbr.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MTB Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Fubar Rider
    The problem with us getting twisters is there is no bike company spec'ing them on a bike. If just one mid-sized company would spec twist shifters, they would be available. BUT because they are an aftermarket only item, there isn't a lot of money in them. Even if everyone on this forum pre-paid for twisters, it still wouldn't equate to the sales of one size run of one model of bike.

That being said - GIMME MY GRIP SHIFT!
    Salsa is rightfully speccing gripshifts on their Mukluk. Winter glove hands don't work as well with triggers.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    I was inspired by this thread's *****ing to pick up a set of XO grip shifters. The first "real" bike I bought myself had the thumb shifters replaced with Xray 800s before I walked out of the store with it... I have been using XTR rapid fires for years now, but I am tire of my thumbs being sore from the shifter being in my way.

I thought I would be weird for putting grip shifters on a higher end bike until I saw so many people still use these.. now I need an XO rear derailleur to match (and SD7s to replace my levers since the current set are combos) and I will be ready to install.

Too bad I can't find a good price on a Tango orange long cage like I can on normal and red
    2018 Santa Cruz Hightower CC
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0
    2015 Surly Karate Monkey Ops (commuter, gravel, fun))

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TTTURNER
    I'm sure everybody knows the profit is much higher on the much more expensive trigger shifters. I hope SRAM is not going to force us to the trigger shifters. I would lose all respect for them. I think they are better than that and the 10 speed trigger shifters will be out soon.
    Not sure it's a profit thing... if it was they could just sell the grip shifters at a higher margin to keep the same profit per unit in place.

I'd still buy them if they were the same price as triggers, or a few dollars less...

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I've just recieved my Niner Air 9 carbon with X9 10 speed triggers. So far I don't like them! There's no indicator and I have to shift up and down with the same finger? Sucks. Too bad the Fun Tech grip shifts mentioned earlier supposedly aren't any good as well.
    I should have stuck with Shimano. :-(

LCW
    mtbr member
    you could always convert back to 9-speed

Santa Cruz Hightower LT
    Santa Cruz Tallboy 4

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kroe
    Not sure it's a profit thing... if it was they could just sell the grip shifters at a higher margin to keep the same profit per unit in place.

I'd still buy them if they were the same price as triggers, or a few dollars less...
    In business, its ALWAYS a profit thing. The opportunity to make money motivates people, and if the opportunity isn't there, neither is the motivation.

Higher pricing doesn't always solve the problem. For example, suppose it takes a milllion bucks to do the tooling and whatever else to start production. Assume they make $20 profit on each unit. They need to sell 50,000 units to get their investment back. Suppose the market is 5 thousand per year. So 10 years to break even. No go.

So they want 3.5 year payback by adding $40 per unit to the profit. Then estimated market drops to 2500 units per year so payback ends up being 7 years, not 3.5. Still no go. etc.

The fact is that the market interest in gripshift is small, and that's why coming out with a new version hasn't already been done.
    If SRAM could convince a big player like Trek to spec gripshift on some bikes, the whole picture changes. But Trek doesn't do that because people shopping for bikes will pick the bike with triggers, more often than not.

LCW
    mtbr member
    yeah but by not offering 10 speed gripshift, SRAM runs the risk of alienating those particular buyers and have them go Shimano just because... frankly, SRAM is STUPID for not having released a 10 speed gripshift yet... it's not that big of an engineering challenge... they are just being stubborn, and even as a happy 9 speed gripshift user, i'm not liking how SRAM is proceeding overall... i'll be a Shimano defector if they don't get their act together soon

Santa Cruz Hightower LT
    Santa Cruz Tallboy 4

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Hard to imagine the engineering and set-up costs are that great for producing a 10-speed grip shift when they already have the 9-speed out there. The product is renowned for its simplicity. Add another stop to the internals, another number on the indicator. They shouldn't need to change the grip designs/molds or the plastic molds for the outer housings, I wouldn't think. Not like they're producing an all new product. Maybe I'm missing something...

<100%
    I hear that SRAM has recognized the demand and is working on XX level 10 spd grip shifts. No word on when just yet.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    It takes a long, long time for these so-called innovative bike companies to reinvent the wheel for a third time and figure a way out to charge more for nothing. I am guessing SRAM are hard at work ironing out all the issues with adding one gear to something that is already in existence.
    ... And I Am You,
    And What I See Is Me!

AZ
    banned
    Hairball said it himself last year, 10 speed Gripshift would be coming.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    That was the story last year, but SRAM have never officially said anything so I'm guessing either they've changed their mind, or were just seeing what reaction they'd get to a semi-official rumour. Will believe there's something on the way if and only if there's an official statement to that effect. If they had any intention of releasing 10 speed GS, they'd be mugs not to say so and give an approximate ETA since as long as they don't people will be becoming ex-SRAM customers.

LCW
    mtbr member
    reason we don't have them yet is because some dickweed bean counter up in Chicago SRAM HQ convinced upper mgmt that they wouldn't make enough profit on them to justify development costs...

Santa Cruz Hightower LT
    Santa Cruz Tallboy 4

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Reinvent? Develop?

Just add another clicky and the gripshift faithful would be more than happy!

Just ordered up my X9 9speed to replace my M952 XTR rdr today.... should be back to grip shifting happiness by next weekend
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0

Randy V. - Cottonwood, AZ
    That's the only reason I'm still 9-speed... no 10-speed twisties...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    They could just add an indendation, add a number on the indicator and adjust the spacing for 10 speed and be done. The issue is that they want to improve. Something like making it lower profile to increase compatibility with brakes from different manufacturers would be highly beneficial to their marketability. Next year is SRAMs 25th anniversay, and they made their name with gripshift. I'm not a betting man but 10speed GS next year seems pretty obvious to me.

mtbr member
    You guys think like my wife.
    "You could add on to the house. All you have to do is floor, wall, wall, wall, wall, roof"!

Its not always as simple as you think.

Of course they could do it. They don't because there is no monetary incentive, or it would already be done.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by smilinsteve
    You guys think like my wife.
    Whoa - keep it civil, Steve. No need for insults.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    There is no way that it would be difficult for SRAM to make a 10 speed twist shifter. There is no need to re-invent anything. All that would be required required is to make a couple of new parts - this would be trivial, if they wanted to do it. The fact that they have not, and that the runours from last year have not been followed up suggests to me that it's never going to happen.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    hey guys I am running the x0 grip shift with my new scale 29rc.... 2x10 . I got them off the guy from Germany.... they work perfect and I have not had a problem with mine

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    There are only 9 stops on the X0.... so you are missing a gear some where... that would mean you are still only running 2x9 just like the rest of us running the X0s I don't think there is a special German 10 speed version (I could be wrong though). It isn't a matter of whether or not they will "work" with a 10spd, it is a matter of whether or not we would actually have a 10spd after the change.
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0

30° Czech
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight511 View Post
    I don't think there is a special German 10 speed version (I could be wrong though).
    You're probably wrong, there's a few "guys" doing this conversion. I know for a guy from Spain, he's mentioned early in this thread.
    I'm going to build these different levels, with steps, and it'll all be carpeted

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ZigaK View Post
    You're probably wrong, there's a few "guys" doing this conversion. I know for a guy from Spain, he's mentioned early in this thread.
    DIY conversion doesn't make for a special edition. I am waiting for that last guy to come back and verify whether or not he is using all 10... I think it would be interesting. Don't get me wrong, not saying that someone is FOS, but I would think there is some chance a 9spd shifter could work on a 10spd cog but it wouldn't get all of the gears.

EDIT: i see that there is a company modifying (I didn't translate their page), but that really isn't what everyone is wanting here... factory support is what we want or an easier means to convert the 9spd than a single company.
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Sorry guys I got mine at that german web site they were brand new and they are cheap and they work perfect and it works for all 10 gears and thats all that matters to me ... I can post a video if anyone wants to see how good they work

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    ^ Did you get them from fantic 26 via eBay, or did you email him to set it up???

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I just emailed him and I had them in Canada in less then a week ... he speaks perfect english or at least types perfect english .... and he is great to deal with ... and they really work perfect

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Thank you!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    just let me know if you want to see a video I used it with a xx 2x10 cassett and a xt 2x10 cassett and it works perfect for both good luck

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by donny55 View Post
    just let me know if you want to see a video I used it with a xx 2x10 cassett and a xt 2x10 cassett and it works perfect for both good luck
    How do we get a hold of him? Pics? Price?

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    No need - I believe you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    There's some info from da man in a thread at the Starbike WW forum, and he has some Youtube videos as well. Google will find them.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lcw View Post
    yeah but by not offering 10 speed gripshift, sram runs the risk of alienating those particular buyers and have them go shimano just because... Frankly, sram is stupid for not having released a 10 speed gripshift yet... It's not that big of an engineering challenge... They are just being stubborn, and even as a happy 9 speed gripshift user, i'm not liking how sram is proceeding overall... I'll be a shimano defector if they don't get their act together soon
    x2!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Anyone ever run the X0 9-speed twisters on an X0 10 speed derailleur and cassette? At least until a 10 speed version is available...

I figure you could set the limits to avoid the smallest gear.

Edit: Actually do the 10 speed still use the 1:1 ratio?
    Last edited by yungster; 06-02-2011 at 11:28 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    They probably won't work as both cable pull and cassette spacing are different.

SS Pusher Man
    Spoke to a rep the other day......says they are in th works....just not this year.

Plus will probably come out as an XX level first.
    Bicycles don’t have motors or batteries.:nono:

Ebikes are not bicycles :nono:

LCW
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej View Post
    Spoke to a rep the other day......says they are in th works....just not this year.

Plus will probably come out as an XX level first.
    haven't we been hearing for the past 2 years? always someone that says a rep told them they were coming... hopefully it's true this time, but we've heard similar rumors before, and they have yet to pan out...

i'm happy with my 9speed and X0 gripshifts... but eventually those parts will be hard to find

Santa Cruz Hightower LT
    Santa Cruz Tallboy 4

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    ^ Ditto. When SRAM officially announce they will be making them - and give a release date! - I might believe it, but not before.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I think the delay stems from the brilliant minds at SRAM trying to engineer a way to charge $300 for a shifter that costs $60. Once that small hurdle is cleared, they will sell you the latest groip shift that falls in line with their new mentality at their company- $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
    ... And I Am You,
    And What I See Is Me!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    What rear derailleur did you use?

MattSavage

Video please...
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Grip Shift

do not give me that crap. if Twisters are not compatible with some break levers i will buy the other brake levers. I have only ever ran grip shift.... 94 trek 930shx with cheapo sram grippers and then my "new" bike a 98 Klein with full esp 9.0 including grip shifters. I have never missed a shift and i will stay 9 speed until there is a 10speed grip shift.

I am purchasing a new Full Suspention bike and i a forced to by a 2010 model because it has sram 9.0 drive (with levers that i am going to trade out to X0 grips at the time of purchase) The 2011 is X7 10 speed so i can not do the grip convert. would suck to buy a brand new 10 speed bike and then have to "down grade" it to 9 speed...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Just bought a bike with X.0 10-speed RD and X.9 triggers. So unhappy after riding Grip Shift since '95. I'm actually contemplating changing crap out on a brand new bike to get my X.0 9-speed shifting performance back. Come on, SRAM, we need the twisties!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I have gone back to 9-Speed after running X0/XX 10s, I also have several customers who say that once their XX cassettes wear out, it's back to 9s X0.

I'm seiously considering stockpiling X0 Gripshifts, XTR Cassettes, and X9SL Chains
    adam • michigan • karate monkey

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

SRAM xo shifter

Got a 9 spd for sale. $45.00 if interested.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I can't believe they still don't have 10 speed twisters. I have another build coming up, but I guess it will be another 9 speed.

mtbr member
    Just ordered a 36 tooth rear cog so I can upgrade a XTR cassette to 12-36 (running 1x9). 9spd of course cause that's the only GripShift I can get... Would have gotten a SRAM 999 cassette but no go in that size (I'd even take a 34 max). Love to try SRAM's 10spd stuff - but no chance until 10spd XO quality GripShift comes to us. In fact - just ordered another 9spd shifter.

SRAM sleeps, snores, rolls-over, dreams, snores some more... Wake up SRAM! Wake up! yells the people. We need you SRAM! Don't drift away from us... Stay!

30° Czech
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldass View Post
    Just ordered a 36 tooth rear cog so I can upgrade a XTR cassette to 12-36 (running 1x9). 9spd of course cause that's the only GripShift I can get... Would have gotten a SRAM 999 cassette but no go in that size
    Why is that no go? I was thinking of rebuilding 11-32 SRAM with frm 36t cog and I can't see any problem with that.
    I'm going to build these different levels, with steps, and it'll all be carpeted

mtbr member
    Why is that no go? I was thinking of rebuilding 11-32 SRAM with frm 36t cog and I can't see any problem with that.
    Assumed with the 999 being from one billet that you can't lose a ring to add the FRM? Or does the 11 come off? Don't know and for the price I wasn't going to test it as I know a XTR will work.

mtbr member
    Assumed with the 999 being from one billet that you can't lose a ring to add the FRM? Or does the 11 come off? Don't know and for the price I wasn't going to test it as I know a XTR will work.
    I don't know how the 999 is constructed, but I just added a 36T to a Shimano Cassette and took the 11 off. That's the way you do it. You slide the 36T on the hub first, then the cassette body, minus one of the small cogs. It doesn't have to be the 11.

I got my 36T cog from a seller called mtbtools on Ebay. Good guy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

30° Czech
    from SRAM site (sram.com/sram/mountain/products/sram-xg-999-cassette):
    seven of the cogs are CNC-machined together out of a single block of billet steel

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Just pulled the trigger on a new 9 speed drivetrain. Shimano XTR rear and XT front derailleurs and attack gripshifts.

Now that I've quit waiting and made my purchase, this probably means SRAM will come out with 10 speed grips in the near future.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Just pulled the trigger on a new 9 speed drivetrain. Shimano XTR rear and XT front derailleurs and attack gripshifts.

Now that I've quit waiting and made my purchase, this probably means SRAM will come out with 10 speed grips in the near future.
    Even if they do, you're not going to be missing anything. You've got a sweet set up.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    SRAM is not going to make gripshift for 10speed. Has there been even one statement directly from them suggesting they will.

I have been using the XO 10speed on a new bike i bought last fall. Kept my old bike with 9 speed gripshift. Still like the twist shifters much.............. better. Do like the 2x10 drivetrain though, but only with a 36t rear. It is on a 29" and would find a 34t 2x9 pretty tough.

None
    I bought up several sets of the Rocket 9 speed grip shifters and I love them. Also have bikes with the X0 9 speed gripshift set up. I have enough to last me until I can't ride anymore. The reality is that you can make a 9 speed set-up very close to the 10 speed and will not really notice any difference. There really is no reason to go to 10 speed unless you just have to have the latest. Also, if SRAM refuses to make a 10 speed gripshift, then they should not mind if other companies make and sell them with no patent problems or monies owed......in effect, they are giving up this niche market.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I was assured in an email from a SRAM marketer they should be coming out with the 2x10 shifters for the 2012 models. I wouldn't give up hope yet. Best to call or email the company to keep the pressure up. Email address and I think phone # were in a previous post in this forum.

mtbr member
    Why 2X? Wouldn't it be easier to set up a 3X as 2X than it is to get the micro-adjustability range when using a 2X for a 3X set up?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Ranger View Post
    Why 2X? Wouldn't it be easier to set up a 3X as 2X than it is to get the micro-adjustability range when using a 2X for a 3X set up?
    Your problem is that you are using logic. SRAM is going to CRAM 2x10 down your throat. Not because its better, and not because there are any advantages at all. Now sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride!

mtbr member
    The sad part about this whole thread is all it would take SRAM to make a 10sp twister is to make a few small molded 10sp peices and use the existing twister body. It's not like new ratchets, cogs and springs need to be manufactured. It's plastic. Who needs all the fancy silver, red, blue, gold and black stuff?

Without a 10sp twister SRAM will gradually see the 9sp user move to other mechanisms/brands. It'll be a slow death that may be difficult to see as gear wears out. Add a 10sp option and people will upgrade even if they do not need to(I would which would also require the purchase of a $200 cassette. Hello?). Heck even if it's offered as rear-only is better than nothing. I've not moved to 10sp because there is not a twister option.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    ^ Exactly. At most one or two new parts would be needed, maybe three if the piece with the numbers on it is separate. The cost would be minimal.

11 is one louder than 10
    Last year at the Iceman race they assured me 10 speed grip shifters were coming. That is the only way I will migrate to 10speed.

If Sram fails to produce a 10speed grip shifter and if 9 speed fades away, I'll be moving to Shimano. I can't stand the SRAM triggers.

Sram - don't make me do that...
    "The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Any New Updates........

...............leading up to Interbike?? If Interbike comes and goes without 10 sp Gripshift I just don't know!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I just had XTR drivetrain parts in an online shopping cart and decided to hold off until Interbike in case there is a twist shifter announcement. I promise I'll have my first non-SRAM drivetrain in many years if there are no twisters announced.

No longer 26
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Ranger View Post
    Heck even if it's offered as rear-only is better than nothing. I've not moved to 10sp because there is not a twister option.
    I have said that previously as well. I'd like to team up a rear grip shifter with a double tap front shifter. That'd be perfect imo..

G
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...

mtbr member
    IT'S COMING!!! I was at Leadville this last weekend running support for a couple friends in the race and I talked with the Sram guys about this. The guy I spoke with said it is ready. They thought they'd have it ready for a September release, but it would more likely be ready for a January release. I would imagine it would be at least shown at Interbike. When we pressed him for more info he said it will turn on a sealed bearing and that is all he could tell us...

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Live View Post
    I have said that previously as well. I'd like to team up a rear grip shifter with a double tap front shifter. That'd be perfect imo..

G
    One of the best things about grip shift though, is the micro adjustment of the front shifter, which is pretty necessary with a two ring setup up front. Double Tap front shifters don't have that do they?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Fubar Rider View Post
    IT'S COMING!!! I was at Leadville this last weekend running support for a couple friends in the race and I talked with the Sram guys about this. The guy I spoke with said it is ready. They thought they'd have it ready for a September release, but it would more likely be ready for a January release. I would imagine it would be at least shown at Interbike. When we pressed him for more info he said it will turn on a sealed bearing and that is all he could tell us...
    I won't believe it until I see, but this is very good news. My patience may just pay off!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbrokenchain View Post
    I won't believe it until I see, but this is very good news. My patience may just pay off!
    Ha, I knew it! Buy 9 speed stuff, 10 speed grip shift finally comes out. Although I'm with you, I'll only believe it when I see it at this point.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by durkind View Post
    ...............leading up to Interbike?? If Interbike comes and goes without 10 sp Gripshift I just don't know!
    Eurobike is the end of this month, so it might be the first time we'd see one (if there is one obviously.)

i wont upgrade to 10speed unless its via a X0 or XX gripshift. 15 years riding gripshift and i wont ride anything else. every single bike ive had has had it and will continue to.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    If 10 speed grip shift comes out I will be the first to switch to 10 speed! I use the trigger shifters on my X0 9 speed set up. I've been waiting for the last year to get grip shift b/c I wanted to switch to 10 speed. I hope its true and that it comes out before race season starts in January (AZ).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbrokenchain View Post
    I had no reason to not believe the guy that told me this info. He seemed very earnest about his response regarding the shifters. I think the shifters will show up soon, whether it is at Interbike or another release.

No longer 26
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage View Post
    One of the best things about grip shift though, is the micro adjustment of the front shifter, which is pretty necessary with a two ring setup up front. Double Tap front shifters don't have that do they?
    They may for the big ring. Not sure but would be a requirement if not already there

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Looks like I won't be making any drivetrain changes until early next year! Hopefully by then, we'll have more clarity on whether or not SRAM will be stepping up with a 10spd gripshift. If not, 2X9 doesn't sound so bad..!

mtbr member
    So my inside guy over at Airborne saw the super secret early release for what's coming for next year... no 10 speed twisties...

mtbr member
    I was just told 10 speed twisties will not be part of the 2012 release but they are working on it and hope to get them out sometime in 2012.

MTB Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR2ebike View Post
    I was just told 10 speed twisties will not be part of the 2012 release but they are working on it and hope to get them out sometime in 2012.
    This is getting old. This is a bit like Disney being unable to draw Mickey Mouse in modern apparel. SRAM was founded on gripshifts. Its clear that 10 speed versions are simply not a priority for the leadership at SRAM.

mtbr member
    To reiterate what I said earlier, they have test models built but won't be ready for public release until probably January. The Sram rep said they will turn on a sealed bearing system, which is obviously a departure from what they had with the former GS systems.

I agree, they could have just added a click and changed the cable pull and had it done a long time ago, but I have also hear they want to up the ante with their new shifters. I guess I'd rather have them take their time and get it right than give us some crap.

All of this is probably a moot point, as the race for an electronic shift off-road group is on.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Electronic shift.... meh. I have enough issues with shocks that I am not convinced they can pull off a good electronic shifter. :laugh:

Still hoping for a 10spd GS.... but I won't hold up my build when the time comes looking for vaporware.
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0

MTB Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Fubar Rider View Post
    To reiterate what I said earlier, they have test models built but won't be ready for public release until probably January. The Sram rep said they will turn on a sealed bearing system, which is obviously a departure from what they had with the former GS systems.

I agree, they could have just added a click and changed the cable pull and had it done a long time ago, but I have also hear they want to up the ante with their new shifters. I guess id rather have them take their time and get it right than give us some crap. :
    The existing stuff is far from crap. I can see the desire to up the ante, but their is always X7 group to offer hand me downs.

None
    What I would like to know is if they are also coming out with a 10 speed twist shifter that is Shimano 10speed compatible--like the Attack and Rocket shifters of the past.....

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I just gave up and bought an new XTR drivetrain.
    Sorry SRAM, but I waited 2 years for 10speed Gripshift.
    I may be back, but after riding the XTR, I probably won't.
    Shimano Di2 is looking pretty sweet too, maybe that will be my next road group.
    I'll keep using the PowerLink, but that's about it from Sram.

mtbr member
    The existing front twisties should work fine with any of the newer 2 ring "front" setups so I don't see where anything needs to be re-engineered there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I'm running a double x9 crank, xtr 9spd cassette, xo rear derailleur, x9 double front, and xo gripshift. works like a charm.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Jaro Kulhavy testing XX Gripshift @ WC Champery.. http:://mtbs.cz/clanek/spy-shot-kulhavy-ma-novy-sram/kategorie/bleskovka-zavody

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.085751,14.425222

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Nice! Translation, please...!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DDDonny View Post
    Nice! Translation, please...!
    it just says that Jaro is testing new shifters by SRAM at WC course in Champery. It is 10 position gripshift that will most probably carry XX logo. Both SRAM & Jara Kulhavy are quiet about it; plus Jara decided to race tomorrow on classic 2x10 gearing instead of 1x10 that he used in team realy.
    New gripshift looks more subtle compared to previous X.0 and should wokr better in mud.

Hope I did not make any mistakes in this translation&make sense

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by lukas45 View Post
    Hope I did not make any mistakes in this translation&make sense
    It works for me. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    here is the photo for the lazy people...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WANTED: 10-Speed GripShift XX / XO (i.e. GripShift, the origins of SRAM)-_spy-shot-sram-10-speed-grip-shift-kulhavy.jpg  

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by quickfeet18 View Post
    Hey!!! I resemble that remark!

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    smexy!
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lukas45 View Post
    Jaro Kulhavy testing XX Gripshift @ WC Champery.. http:://mtbs.cz/clanek/spy-shot-kulhavy-ma-novy-sram/kategorie/bleskovka-zavody
    fixed
    SPY SHOT: Kulhavý má nový Sram - Závody - Práv

that grip doesnt look as aggressive as the current XO. bummer.
    still nothing being shown at Eurobike on this.

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by deadatbirth View Post
    Although I agree with you, how it looks doesn't matter as much as how well it functions... Still, looks like I'll hold off another year from swapping my drivetrain until all this gripshift stuff gets sorted out..

mtbr member
    fixed
    SPY SHOT: Kulhavý má nový Sram - Závody - Práv

still nothing being shown at Eurobike on this.
    It looks slimmer which is a good thing IMO.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

CAMBr Trail Crew
    You're doing some excellent recon on this... Thanks, and keep up the good work!

No longer 26
    That looks real nice.

mtbr member
    "During the week leading up to the race, Jaroslav... chose to race with a 2x10 (39/26) on SRAM XX rings. He also used brand new SRAM 10-speed Grip Shifters after deciding he liked how precisely they worked." from specialized.com

mtbr member
    Yes!

CAMBr Trail Crew
    It's sounding better and better...!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Funny sram don't mention them considering he won with them!

Jaroslav Kulhavy wins Worlds in Champery! | SRAM

mtbr member
    One, two, three sets to order ASAP... And lucky SRAM I'll need derailleurs, cassettes to go 10-spd as well.

Can't wait. Great job SRAM!!!

Always Learning
    One, two, three sets to order ASAP... And lucky SRAM I'll need derailleurs, cassettes to go 10-spd as well.

I'll be down for at least a pair, if not 2 pair.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    It would be cool if they had an Interbike release. I'll see if I can get some release info from SRAM while I'm there.

CAMBr Trail Crew

Yup! Two bikes = Two sets of Gripshifts. Two rear derailleurs. Two 10-spd cassettes. Two sets of cranks. And finally, two new 10-spd chains to complete my drivetrain overhauls from 3X9 to 2X10...

Damn you, SRAM! Damn you..!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    On the plus side, Gripshifts should be (marginally) cheaper than triggers :-P

Andy

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I was expecting some Matchmaker-style mating of the Avid brakes. But still.....this is sexier and more trimmed than the current GS.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    While this is pretty cool, the price of light sram 10spd cassettes is just insane.

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Specialized Highlights from 2011 XC World Championships - YouTube

At :28 secs, pretty good shot of the GS's as Jaro rolls on by...

Trying to be helpful
    #THELEGENDMTB
    2016 RSD Mayor
    2018 Diamondback Release 5CA

Where's Toto?
    Finally!!! I guess persistence has paid off.

SRAM 10-Speed Twist Shifters Spied! Gripshift is Back! - Bike Rumor
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WANTED: 10-Speed GripShift XX / XO (i.e. GripShift, the origins of SRAM)-sram-xx-twist-shifters-gripshift-10speed-prototype-600x394.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    finally!
    SRAM 10-Speed Twist Shifters Spied! Gripshift is Back! - Bike Rumor

i figure id repost it too since even though its been posted twice already

mtbr member
    Haha! Got all excited, wanted to post this and then I see has already been done 5 times.
    Either way, great news! What took SRAM so long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ...love is the absence of fear....

SVO
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ADDam View Post
    I have gone back to 9-Speed after running X0/XX 10s, I also have several customers who say that once their XX cassettes wear out, it's back to 9s X0.

I'm seiously considering stockpiling X0 Gripshifts, XTR Cassettes, and X9SL Chains
    I reverted back to 8 speed- secret cache of XT cassettes & X9 shifters. So much less fiddling to be done and chains last longer.

None
    Is SRAM coming out with a Shimano 10 speed compatible twist shifter?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHamster View Post
    I wouldn't have thought so.

Andy

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHamster View Post
    i doubt it. none of their high end grip shfiters will work with Shimano

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    “Kulhavy’s victory at Worlds validated the development of the BlackBox Grip Shift,” Cancellier said. “We’re stoked to get it into production soon.”
    BlackBox 10-speed Grip Shift help Kulhavy Win XC Worlds - Press Releases - Vital MTB

aka: SpeedyChix
    Apr 2005
    Sweet!!!!
    Adrenaline junkie.
    2x "big c" and enjoying life.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    too bad its only being shown on the winning bike

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

They're official - posting on Bikerumor

Andy

MattSavage
    I hope this stuff doesn't retain the Black Box/XX moniker, but gets dumbed down to X7 or something.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    With the current high end being X0 GS, you won't see THIS model get bumped down to X7.... I bet they will keep this as XX (maybe X0) to get more $$$ and then release lower levels later.
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I hope this stuff doesn't retain the Black Box/XX moniker, but gets dumbed down to X7 or something.
    blackbox is only for their factory racers.

With the current high end being X0 GS, you won't see THIS model get bumped down to X7.... I bet they will keep this as XX (maybe X0) to get more $$$ and then release lower levels later.
    yup

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I don't see a gear indicator or where the cable is fed through...I hope there is a version with a gear indicator and that changing cables remains easy. I also hope they retain microindexing on the front shifter...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NA1NSXR View Post
    I don't see a gear indicator or where the cable is fed through...I hope there is a version with a gear indicator and that changing cables remains easy. I also hope they retain microindexing on the front shifter...
    Dude.....its a prototype.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by labraja View Post
    Dude.....its a prototype.
    Yeah but what inside information do you have to confirm this is an early or late prototype? I have worked in manufacturing and typically by the time you are testing the product in trials (WC XC in this case), the product is mostly finalized.

And the whole point of raising some concerns is because I hope it is early enough for them to implement the changes. Also, gear indicators have started to disappear from triggers, and they may very well decide to omit them from this new twister.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    who actually needs a gear indicator anyway?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
    who actually needs a gear indicator anyway?
    I do, I define a lot of climbs by the gear ratio I use on them. I will deliberately use a harder gear using this info to train, or use it to pace myself knowing what my normal ratio in an area usually is. It also helps me manage my front shifting knowing where I am in my cassette. It is also needed if you are going to micro index the front shifter.

I guess in a racing situation you don't need them, but on a product for the public with bikes that see varied uses I hope they don't leave it out, especially since it was integrated into the old shifters without weight penalty.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I *really* hope that it won't have a gear indicator in final production. I didn't think to ask if this was final, but I would imagine that it is since I was told that they should be shipping by Jan 2012. There will be two levels, XX and X0.

Here's a photo I snapped:

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I don't actually use the gear indicator myself - on triggers or on gripshifts. Its extra grams! I can tell what ratio i'm in by looking at where the chain is. Usually.

One reason I run gripshifts is so that I don't whack my knees on the triggers, especially with wide bars. I have the cable feed rotated to the top on my gripshifts, both to keep knee clearance and to protect the reverb seatpost button when the bike is upside down. The result: the gear indicator points uselessly at the ground.

The only situation I'd like the gear indicator in is those times when I'm finishing a downhill and theres an abrupt change to uphill. At that point I can't look at the chain if I'm moving too fast, it would be nice to know I'm in a climbing gear ratio. But mostly I don't care and the reasons listed above are more important to me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    If anything, it'll be one less thing to break. The windows to the gear indicator is always the first thing to go on the old X.O twisties.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    On my current X0 GS... I broke the indicator before I even installed it. When I ran Shimano triggers, I always removed the indicators.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    On my current X0 GS... I broke the indicator before I even installed it.
    how did you possibly do that?

mtbr member
    Anyone know the width?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    how did you possibly do that?
    Clicked the clicky thing and the red thing bound up and broke... and fell down to one, then never went up again.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Clicked the clicky thing and the red thing bound up and broke... and fell down to one, then never went up again.
    very thorough explanation.
    a new indicator w/ cover and screw is $10 btw

Apr 2005
    I *really* hope that it won't have a gear indicator in final production. I didn't think to ask if this was final, but I would imagine that it is since I was told that they should be shipping by Jan 2012. There will be two levels, XX and X0.
    Sweeeet! just sold the new XX triggers so I'll be checking in on avail come January.
    Last edited by SpeedyChix; 10-04-2011 at 07:31 AM. Reason: update

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Any recent information or guesses about the prize or availability?

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Price = too much, availability = too late. But at least we now know they will actually exist - two sets for me please!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    If the pictures above do show the prototype twisters, then I would say that they need a redesign:

1) make them smaller and lower profile (I'd say no more than 35mm wide, 40mm diameter);
    2) make the internal parts metal so that they make a quality clicking sound and give a quality feel;
    3) offer them in annodised colours.

As it stands, this thread is like preaching the 10 speed gripshift to the converted. Unless there are some drastic design changes, there won't be enough take-up by Joe public to even justify their R&D.

It has been my experience that Joe public does not like gripshift as it has been tainted by the lower end stuff as found on BSOs, and it's no good telling them Kulhavy or Absalon also uses them.

Therefore, extra effort has to be made in order to entice the masses back to them; and that begins on the drawing board.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by standard3x View Post
    If the pictures above do show the prototype twisters, then I would say that they need a redesign:

1) make them smaller and lower profile (I'd say no more than 35mm wide, 40mm diameter);
    2) make the internal parts metal so that they make a quality clicking sound and give a quality feel;
    3) offer them in annodised colours.

As it stands, this thread is like preaching the 10 speed gripshift to the converted. Unless there are some drastic design changes, there won't be enough take-up by Joe public to even justify their R&D.

It has been my experience that Joe public does not like gripshift as it has been tainted by the lower end stuff as found on BSOs, and it's no good telling them Kulhavy or Absalon also uses them.

Therefore, extra effort has to be made in order to entice the masses back to them; and that begins on the drawing board.
    Really good point.!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    1. Not sure they need to be smaller than current 9 speed twisters; I think those are perfectly okay.
    2. Who cares how they sound? Not me - I'm more interested that they work reliably and don't need extra lubrication or servicing, both likely with all metal interiors, as is extra weight.
    3. It's impossible to anodise plastic, and metal housings would be heavier.

Given they are only going to be available in XX (and X0?), those potentially buying them will likely already have views about which SRAM shifters they'd prefer.

We shouldn't be trying to make SRAM worry they won't sell before they even become availablel!!!!! :-(

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by satanas View Post
    1. Not sure they need to be smaller than current 9 speed twisters; I think those are perfectly okay.
    2. Who cares how they sound? Not me - I'm more interested that they work reliably and don't need extra lubrication or servicing, both likely with all metal interiors, as is extra weight.
    this.

mtbr member
    Exactly!!

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by satanas View Post

Given they are only going to be available in XX (and X0?), those potentially buying them will likely already have views about which SRAM shifters they'd prefer.

We shouldn't be trying to make SRAM worry they won't sell before they even become availablel!!!!! :-(

All I need to know is when I can buy 'em...!

Apr 2005

All I need to know is when I can buy 'em...!
    +1 I've run em for years, Attack version for the Shimano bikes and regular for the SRAM bikes. Not a single trigger-equipped ride in the house.

Would love to see the Attack (Shimano) version for 2x10 but that's got to be an even smaller slice.

Whatever --- get em out there. Black goes with everything.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    About time, never could get used to triggers.

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by gts/R View Post
    Any recent information or guesses about the prize or availability?
    If the pricing is anything similar to the current XO offering, the new 10 speed twisty shifts should be about 1/3 the price of the 10 speed triggers.

Currently you can get the XO twist front/rear set for 70 bucks while the triggers are about 200 for a set...

Hopefully that's the case.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    If the pricing is anything similar to the current XO offering, the new 10 speed twisty shifts should be about 1/3 the price of the 10 speed triggers.
    If the price is reasonable I will buy more shifters and convert more bikes from 8/9 speed to 10 speed, so more sales for SRAM [subtle hint].

mtbr member
    I would imagine the price will go up, probably a fair amount. The Sram rep I talked to at Leadville said the "case" would be an alloy and the are going to turn on a bearing. I can't imagine that if they truly are adding these features to the mix that the price would stay the same.

Apr 2005
    Less $ than triggers is a huge plus but if a solid available for sale date doesn't come it's looking like a planned 10-spd mtb conversion may turn into a Shimano one. I can deal with their triggers but not SRAM triggers. Anxiously awaiting SRAM twisties..

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Really, if they cost as much as their trigger brothers and offer the quality to justify it, I don't care about the cost. I like GS MUCH better and have really gotten excited about getting a new bike as a result... so much so that a bike that comes equipped with an X9 rear derailleur ready for some twisters is rated higher just because I will spend less converting
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0

mtbr member
    Yeah but what inside information do you have to confirm this is an early or late prototype? I have worked in manufacturing and typically by the time you are testing the product in trials (WC XC in this case), the product is mostly finalized.

And the whole point of raising some concerns is because I hope it is early enough for them to implement the changes. Also, gear indicators have started to disappear from triggers, and they may very well decide to omit them from this new twister.
    Gear indicators are built into our legs...

Where's Toto?

The wait is almost over...

:d:d:d
    Last edited by endure26; 11-01-2011 at 05:18 AM.

Where's Toto?
    From the SRAM news wire...

Grip Shift is Golden at XC Worlds

Observers of last week’s XC World Championships in Champéry, Switzerland, noticed something special on Jaroslav Kulhavy’s winning bike. The 26-year-old Czech, who took the XC world by storm this year and also won the World Cup, had a secret weapon: SRAM’s new 10-speed BlackBox Grip Shift® twist shifters.

Many XC racers prefer twist shifters for their legendary lightweight performance and their ability to shift multiple gears at once. Kulhavy has long been a fan of twist shifters. BlackBox Program Manager Jon Cancellier and Kulhavy decided Worlds was the perfect opportunity to switch from trigger to twist shifters. “Kulhavy’s victory at Worlds validated the development of the BlackBox Grip Shift,” Cancellier said. “We’re stoked to get it into production soon.”

The new 2012 Grip Shift coincides with SRAM’s 25th anniversary. The company burst onto the scene in 1987 with its original DB1 shifter, which redefined the way cyclists shift gears. Grip Shift gained momentum on the race scene and millions were sold around the world. Now, with 2X10 drivetrains gaining popularity, SRAM is updating Grip Shift for this segment of the market.

The BlackBox Program works within SRAM to marry advanced product development with elite athletes to get the best out of both. Cancellier works closely with SRAM brand product managers to identify opportunities where athlete feedback can elevate product performance.

Some BlackBox developments stay secret. Some, like the new 10-speed Grip Shift, emerge from the dark to win World Championships

Grip Shift is Golden | SRAM

+++

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by endure26 View Post
    From the SRAM news wire...

Some BlackBox developments stay secret. Some, like the new 10-speed Grip Shift, emerge from the dark to win World Championships

+++
    Awesome, it's official!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Awesome, it's official!
    its been official for a while now. even the article is over a month old

MattSavage
    its been official for a while now. even the article is over a month old
    Awesome, it's been official for over a month now!

mtbr member
    On a certain dealer site there is now a product with this description : "SRAM TWISTER BLACK BOX 10x2 GRIP SHIFT!" (I did not add the !) There is also a 10x3.
    It says out of stock, no estimated date on when they will be in stock.

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Which site? Details please..!

MattSavage
    On a certain dealer site there is now a product with this description : "SRAM TWISTER BLACK BOX 10x2 GRIP SHIFT!" (I did not add the !) There is also a 10x3.
    It says out of stock, no estimated date on when they will be in stock.
    Link...!

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Link...!
    BAM!!!!!

SRAM X0 Trigger Shifter 2x10sp 2012 | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Yeah.... CRC is my last bookmark for bike parts.... so I just went through every other site to find that one... I am hoping the price is a bit wrong.... $300 for front and rear seems a bit steep considering a person can get XTR/XX for less than that!
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Wow

That price is INSANE. $270 for the set? Isn't the current set around $60 or so? Now we know what SRAM was up to waiting so long to release these. "Let the anticipation build as long as possible so they'll look past the 350% price bump."

I can't wait for Sram to introduce yet another new, pricier tier while giving the affordable tiers nothing besides a little facelift... maybe it will now be X5 X7 X9 X0 XX and the new "$$." Without even realizing it I've built two bikes this year without even considering one component made by SRAM. Oh well, it's their company not mine. At least there is a greater selection out there.

30° Czech
    this is a trigger shifter link, not gripshift

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutantclover View Post
    X5 X7 X9 X0 XX and the new "$$."

Funny!
    Yet, not funny.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    this is a trigger shifter link, not gripshift
    DAMN THE LACK OF PICTURES!!!!

premature linking.... yeah.... a lot of men suffer from it.

My bad!
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    DAMN THE LACK OF PICTURES!!!!
    i would have thought "XO trigger shifter" would have also given it away

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    i would have thought "XO trigger shifter" would have also given it away
    Not if you skipped trigger.
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0

mtbr member
    Which site? Details please..!
    It's a password protected bicycle company's site

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rumshcawheely View Post
    Gear indicators are built into our legs...
    Not really, if you actually use one, you will find that the difference between a day you feel strong or weak can be easily pointed out by a gear indicator. It also helps you set a "gearing floor". If you know you ride sections of trails in a certain gear, it helps you makes sure you don't go lower even if your legs are telling you to. This is how I "cash in" on my performance. If I can push higher, fine, but it helps me not go lower than I know I can do.

I'm not even saying you or anyone should use one, but some people definitely do so I hope an indicator (hopefully removable for people like you) is included in the final product.

CAMBr Trail Crew
    It's a password protected bicycle company's site

Okay, but then I don't get the logic behind posting info to a site that nobody can access..!

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    Not really, if you actually use one, you will find that the difference between a day you feel strong or weak can be easily pointed out by a gear indicator. It also helps you set a "gearing floor". If you know you ride sections of trails in a certain gear, it helps you makes sure you don't go lower even if your legs are telling you to. This is how I "cash in" on my performance. If I can push higher, fine, but it helps me not go lower than I know I can do.

I'm not even saying you or anyone should use one, but some people definitely do so I hope an indicator (hopefully removable for people like you) is included in the final product.
    ehhh... I can seem some truth to this and agree. I really use the rear indicator only for indicating how whooped I am for the day. If I am running high in the gears, I know I am pushing too big of a chain ring and switching down will be more "fun" as I tire out. My legs can tell me when to switch, but they can't tell me when I am just about out of gear to switch to.
    2014 Trek Domane 4.0

mtbr member
    Okay, but then I don't get the logic behind posting info to a site that nobody can access..!
    To give people an update but I get what you're saying. So I'll refrain from posting when they are in stock...sound good?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

wow, we've never seen that before.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I really hope these shifters come for sale before summer.. there is no guarantee though. Last summer I rode two rides with Flash 29er with triggers and that was enough before i had to change X.0 grippers. At the moment I think the price doesn't matter, i just have to get these.

Keep on Rockin...

Grippies...

Just got another set of the XOs in 9sp - still light, strong, and cheap!!!

SRAM will really shoot themselves in the foot if they try and jerk people around with outrageously priced 10sp grippies.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    not a ton of info, but still some about the new gripshift coming in XX and X0
    Details of SRAM’s 2013 components are still trickling out (including one significant change, which we will have more details on tomorrow) but from what we can tell, there plenty of other small, smart tweaks for 2013.

For all you aspiring World Cup racers out there, SRAM will make production versions of its Grip Shifters (which were very publicly raced by Jaroslav Kulhavy this year) for both XX and X0 groups.
    2013 Mountain Bike Product News | Bicycling Magazine

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Details of SRAM’s 2013 components are still trickling out (including one significant change, which we will have more details on tomorrow) but from what we can tell, there plenty of other small, smart tweaks for 2013.

For all you aspiring World Cup racers out there, SRAM will make production versions of its Grip Shifters (which were very publicly raced by Jaroslav Kulhavy this year) for both XX and X0 groups.

CAMBr Trail Crew

It's more than we've had in the past month, so thanks for posting!

\m/ \m/
    Bump for new news
    13' Lynskey M290
    13' Venge Pro Force
    13' Crux Elite
    12' Co-Motion Speedster Tandem

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade-Runner View Post
    Bump for new news
    Yeah, seriously!

mtbr member
    Talked to my supplier and they said to expect to see them in stock in July or August...

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by txxcrider View Post
    Talked to my supplier and they said to expect to see them in stock in July or August...
    That's good to hear, thanks for the update!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I got this email note directly from SRAM dealer service last week:

"They're still in preproduction, but should be available mid summer."

mtbr member

Picture

Hope it hasn't been <a href="http://r2-bike.com/Sram-XX-Twister-Gripshifter">posted</a> here before.
    Last edited by wittman13; 02-09-2012 at 12:28 AM.

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by wittman13 View Post
    Hope it hasn't been posted <a href="http://r2-bike.com/Sram-XX-Twister-Gripshifter">posted</a> here before.

Sweet!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    thatll probably be taken down soon

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

CAMBr Trail Crew
    You're da man! Thanks for posting!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    i hope they arent forcing you to use their grip. hopefully itll be like all the other previous versions.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    i hope they arent forcing you to use their grip. hopefully itll be like all the other previous versions.
    According to the Tree Fort Bikes thing, the grips that come with the shifter are 'keyed' in but you don't have to use them. I'm sure it won't be long before other companies make grips that work.

Now official, according to pinkbike.

Andy

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ratherbeintobago View Post
    Now official, according to pinkbike.

Andy

Now official, according to SRAM

Andy

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

SRAM grip shift 2012

Does anybody know if sram is going to make a shimano compatible version of their new 2012 gripshift?

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by janine2 View Post
    Does anybody know if sram is going to make a shimano compatible version of their new 2012 gripshift?
    Sorry, but there has been no mention of it anywhere.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    not sure if everyone seen but xo versions 190 euros and xx 250 euros

seems the olden days of cheap and sweet are long gone

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by weevie View Post

woowww...
    I'm looking forward to try this new gripshift...

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by weevie View Post

Not cheap, but on a par with X0 (£170) and XX (£250) triggers.

Andy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0