trouble changing cable on my X.0 shifter- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

trouble changing cable on my X.0 shifter

Hello, I'm not sure if this is a common problem, but im guessing it isn't because it seem very peculiar to me. I was trying to change the cable in my right X.0 shifter the other day, but something went weird. When I tried to remove the carbon fiber cover, the spring loaded half of the shift mechanism came with the cover. I have replaced the cable before, but this didn't happen, so I know something weird is going on, or I'm just doing something wrong this time. Anyways, is there a way to get the spring loaded part off the cover, or do I have to buy a whole new shifter? I'll put some pics as to what i'm talking about because it's such a weird thing to explain in words.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trouble changing cable on my X.0 shifter-imgp0008.jpg  

trouble changing cable on my X.0 shifter-imgp0009.jpg  

trouble changing cable on my X.0 shifter-imgp0011.jpg  

mtbr member
    Looks like you have removed the entire main shaft bolt and not just the top cap star nut, which is all that is required for a cable change. You will now need to reseat the change mechanism and assosiated springs and the main shaft bolt, which isn't an easy job. I have tried a rebuild in the past with little success. If you cant find the details on the web to do it yourselfso maybe your LBS might be a better option.

mtbr member
    I just ended up warrantying it and got a new one within 3 days

Members who have read this thread: 0