SRAM X7 Rear Derailleur/shifting issues- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2015

SRAM X7 Rear Derailleur/shifting issues

So, I took my chain off for a cleaning, put it back on...now runs rough in the smallest rear cog.

I see that the chain is running inbound (toward the hub) a bit, and cable already slack-ish, so I back out the Hi adjustment screw to move the mech outbound. Nope. Screw is already almost backed all the way out...even all the way out, the rear pulleys are just inbound of the small cog, instead of just outbound per SRAM's manual.

SRAM's manual says I need 12.7mm of distance between the outer edge of the small cog to the surface where the rear derailleur screws in. Never had a problem before, but I measure it and...I am at 12mm even. WTF ?

Anyone had this issue before or have advice ? My tire sits as before, and my disc rotor lines up fine, so it doesn't appear that any shift occurred in how the wheel sits in the frame, or is centered. My hanger does not appear bent either...straight as arrow as far as I can tell.

I am slowly going insane. I've cleaned my chain off the bike like a million times, and adjusted my rear derailleur many many times with no issues at all. I am completely stumped on this one.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    This is the best tool I ever got for shifting issues:https://www.amazon.com/Park-Tool-DAG.../dp/B01EONTQMG

It pretty much fixes every issue anyone who asks me has.