SRAM/RS warranty time?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2014

SRAM/RS warranty time?

I have/had a Yari that developed a hard, metal on metal bottom out about halfway through it's travel.. not pleasant.

I reached out to my retailer to start the warranty process... The fork was 6 months old, doing trail duty on a hard tail in the Midwest... nothing outside normal use at all. It took SRAM 3 weeks to get back with an RA number, and now they've had the fork another 3 weeks, almost 4.

Zero communication in that time.

Is this remotely normal? I'm super pissed at this point... A long wait is one thing, but the total absence of communication is unacceptable.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I hate to assume but it sounds like more of a bike shop issue, not a SRAM issue. They are always super quick.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I have an RA# from them when I make the first phone call. I have the part in the mail that same day. It has never taken them longer than one week to complete warranty service. What did the shop say?

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    It ended up being an 8 week turn around- the damper side stanchion failed at the circlip notch, letting the damper drop into the lower, with all my oil.

No word from SRAM why it took so long to get an RMA, or to fix the fork. New csu, damper and a rebuild, an hour's work, took 5 weeks, after the RMA number no communication bs.

I'm not happy with the shops attitude, but this was sram sucking hard. They physically had the fork for 5 weeks...that's nuts.