SRAM product suggestion.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009

... and if we just ... SRAM product suggestion.

Seems that the power of a decent sized manufacturer is needed in the adjustable seatpost area IMO. They are v useful, but most are still, erm, 'lacking' in one way or another. Esp durability, value and speed of evolution.
    The likes of SRAM/Truvativ could make some serious strides in this area PDQ and get a big chunk of market share in a growth area of MTB components whilst benefitting the community.
    Just a thought.
    Have suffered the lack of, or poor quality/durability/value of several adjustable posts. I have several bikes with lots of SRAM gear, and I was just thinking that if you made an adjustable seatpost, it would surely do the biz.
    Just make sure it has 5" min travel and can stop anywhere in the range. Add a way to set max drop (for those with interrupted tubes), minimise slop and you have a winner even if price is only on a par w competitors. Has to be some margin in it. Have you seen the price of a Black Mamba?!
    You could probably sell a carbon one for that price and then we'd really be talking.

M_S
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I have not used one, but it seems to me part of the problem might be inherent to the design limitations. Consider that you basically are building a single stanchion fork with a very narrow stanchion at that, due to seatpost diameters. And it's supposed to hold pretty much the full weight of the rider a lot of the time. IDK, I'm not an engineer.

Members who have read this thread: 0