• 06-24-2019
    EisGary22
    Is the SRAM Eagle NX cassette compatible with Shimano HG50, 11-42, 10 speed cassette
    Is the SRAM Eagle NX drivetrain a compatible replacement of the Shimano HG50, 11-42, 10 speed drivetrain.

The current Shimano HG50 system is stock on my 2019 Trek Stache 5. As far as what hub the bike is using, it's a Bontrager alloy, Boost 148.
  • 06-24-2019
    Shadow4eva
    Is the SRAM Eagle NX cassette compatible with Shimano HG50, 11-42, 10 speed cassette
    In short, yes. Because the NX Eagle uses the shimano freehub (aka HG) standard as well, hence the 11t smallest cog.

But you’ll have to upgrade the rest of your drivetrain to 12spd if you choose to replace the cassette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 06-24-2019
    EisGary22
    Thank you for your reply.

FYI, I do have the Eagle NX group set. And I just wanted to confirm that it was compatible with the current Shimano HG50 10 speed group set.
  • 06-24-2019
    LyNx
    It is NOT compatible with the Shimano 10spd groupset, it is compatible with a hub that uses an HG driver, BIG difference.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EisGary22 View Post
    Thank you for your reply.

FYI, I do have the Eagle NX group set. And I just wanted to confirm that it was compatible with the current Shimano HG50 10 speed group set.

• 06-24-2019
    Shadow4eva
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    It is NOT compatible with the Shimano 10spd groupset, it is compatible with a hub that uses an HG driver, BIG difference.

My bad, OP actually worded his question differently in the title and in the post..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 06-24-2019
    EisGary22
    Isn't the Shimano HG50 cassette using a HG driver? If so, won't the Eagle NX use the same driver.
  • 06-24-2019
    driver bob
    As others have said the NX cassette does fit an HG freehub.

I ran one on my trainer through the winter months. I did find that shifting on it wasn't the smoothest, it very much clunked between gears.