SID World Cup w/Brain & Charger 2?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

SID World Cup w/Brain & Charger 2?

Is this combination available? If not, can it be created from parts?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Nope, not an off the shelf combo. I've thought about adding a bladder to a brain cartridge, but couldn't be assed. What I did do was add a schrader valve to a brain carts IFP chamber so I could tune IFP pressure.

A good top adjust brain cartridge is good, has IFP, but the locked out free bleed port opening (that you adjust with the fade knob) ruins any small bump compliance anyway, so a bladder would be a waste.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

SID World Cup w/Brain & Charger 2?

My reference point is an old Fox 32 with Stratos ID. I was wondering if the inertial valve could be fitted to the Charger 2 damper. I haven't had time to look at any assembly drawings much. I'm completely unfamiliar with Rock Shox forks and these new dampers with bladders too.

I really dislike having to remember to lock and unlock a fork.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by B R H View Post
    My reference point is an old Fox 32 with Stratos ID. I was wondering if the inertial valve could be fitted to the Charger 2 damper. I haven't had time to look at any assembly drawings much. I'm completely unfamiliar with Rock Shox forks and these new dampers with bladders too.

I really dislike having to remember to lock and unlock a fork.
    I've terralogic and brain forks, I slightly prefer brain over terralogic.

No point worrying about a bladder cartridge/inertia valve hybrid, as an inertia valve defeats the bladders benefits very effectively.

The real benefit with a bladder is increased small bump compliance as you don't need to overcome the IFP's 200psi spring, or the stiction this creates in the seals.

Just buy a brain fork. One with the blue adjuster for brain threshold ontop, not on the bottom.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I've tried Terralogic and couldn't stand it. It's terrible compared to the Stratos ID. If SID Brain is essentially the same as Terralogic, I'm not interested. Terralogic sort of works the first hit but just packs down or remains locked for a few seconds after. Just awful unless they've made changes and violated patents? Now that I think about it, I wonder if SID Brain is essentially Terralogic. Aren't both the result of the Specialized Fox work together?