Settting Up an Eagle xx1 RD- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12,083

    Settting Up an Eagle xx1 RD

    So everything ended up fine...

    But the SAM online instructions appear to be wrong

    When you set the B Screw with red guage you have to have the chain installed, and the bike at full sag...

    The pictures omit the chain...so basically I had to do it twice...

    Followed a youtube video the second time around

  2. #2
    SS Pusher Man
    Reputation: mtnbikej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    7,550
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffscott View Post
    So everything ended up fine...

    But the SAM online instructions appear to be wrong

    When you set the B Screw with red guage you have to have the chain installed, and the bike at full sag...

    The pictures omit the chain...so basically I had to do it twice...

    Followed a youtube video the second time around
    You mean these ones:

    Settting Up an Eagle xx1 RD-screenshot-69-.jpg

    Settting Up an Eagle xx1 RD-screenshot-68-.jpg

    Looks like the indicator of a chain is there.
    Bicycles donít have motors or batteries.:nono:

    Ebikes are not bicycles :nono:

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12,083
    I seen the greyed in incomplete chain....(Used the coloured pictures from the SRAM site)

    They never say or show or indicate a real chain is required to be installed prior to this step.

  4. #4
    SS Pusher Man
    Reputation: mtnbikej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    7,550
    If you followed the directions...

    https://sram-cdn-pull-zone-gsdesign....ser_manual.pdf

    Page 8 -13 tells you how to size the chain for FS rigs
    Page 14 tells you shift the chain into the largest cog with the bike sagged into it's travel, before setting the chain gap.

    Seems pretty clear.
    Bicycles donít have motors or batteries.:nono:

    Ebikes are not bicycles :nono:

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12,083
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej View Post
    If you followed the directions...

    https://sram-cdn-pull-zone-gsdesign....ser_manual.pdf






    Page 8 -13 tells you how to size the chain for FS rigs
    Page 14 tells you shift the chain into the largest cog with the bike sagged into it's travel, before setting the chain gap.

    Seems pretty clear.
    You make my point???

    The directions are not clear and specific...

    That iOS why the youtube worked....I just followed the mechanics steps.

  6. #6
    SS Pusher Man
    Reputation: mtnbikej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    7,550
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffscott View Post
    You make my point???

    The directions are not clear and specific...

    That iOS why the youtube worked....I just followed the mechanics steps.

    Why would you follow steps 8-13 only to remove the chain for step 14. Step 14 tells you to shift the chain into the largest cog with the bike sagged "before setting chain gap".

    Again, I'm not sure where you got lost. The directions are pretty clear.
    Bicycles donít have motors or batteries.:nono:

    Ebikes are not bicycles :nono:

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    567
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej View Post
    You mean these ones:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (69).jpg 
Views:	2804 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	1105909

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (68).jpg 
Views:	504 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	1105910

    Looks like the indicator of a chain is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej View Post
    Why would you follow steps 8-13 only to remove the chain for step 14. Step 14 tells you to shift the chain into the largest cog with the bike sagged "before setting chain gap".

    Again, I'm not sure where you got lost. The directions are pretty clear.
    where can I get one of these red tools? I can't seem to find the b tension gap tool anywhere

    Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    2017 yeti sb6c turq x01 eagle

Similar Threads

  1. Should I get Di2 XTR or X01 Eagle?
    By TruTone in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-28-2016, 11:49 AM
  2. Federal Government / Bald Eagle and Golden Eagle death proposal.
    By DIRTJUNKIE in forum Off Camber (off topic)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-05-2016, 08:14 AM
  3. eagle
    By mprox in forum 29er Components
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2016, 04:46 PM
  4. Thanks Eagle
    By The Hookler in forum Colorado - Western Slope
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2014, 06:02 PM
  5. RockShox Ride Experience at Eagle Bike Park in Eagle, Idaho
    By lil29er in forum Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 04:56 AM

Members who have read this thread: 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.