rs tora 298- Mtbr.com

Thread: rs tora 298

Jul 2009

rs tora 298

I just started the process of puttting new oil in my tora today an when i took the lowers off I noticed that the u-turn shaft had a lot of play in it unlike the rebound shaft. Is this a problem or is it normal? Also are there any other tips on oil volumes and weights to make my tora feel like a higher end fork?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Doesnt ride Banshees
    Quote Originally Posted by jpculp
    I just started the process of puttting new oil in my tora today an when i took the lowers off I noticed that the u-turn shaft had a lot of play in it unlike the rebound shaft. Is this a problem or is it normal? Also are there any other tips on oil volumes and weights to make my tora feel like a higher end fork?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    The play in the u-turn shaft is normal. Do not deviate from the recommended oil volume and weight. You're fork relies on those settings to achieve proper range of rebound damping. You can certainly make your fork feel smooth by changing the oil and lubricating your dust seals with Buzzys Slick Honey grease, but it won't match the performance of a higher end fork without the same damping. Ride it and upgrade at a later time.

Jul 2009
    ok thanks for the help.

Members who have read this thread: 0