PressFit 30 Bottom Bracket Unavailable?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008

PressFit 30 Bottom Bracket Unavailable?

So after months of waiting I've finally obtained a small portion of my XX groupo. The two major things I'm missing are the BB30 crank and PressFit 30 bearings. I recieved the crank yesterday but the supplier sent the wrong one. They sent the GXP crank and the order at the shop clearly states BB30. Fine I'll wait for the proper crank to show now. The thing that has me totally frustrated is the PressFit 30, and the BB30 mountain for that matter, bearings are absolutely no where to be found. My shop can't find them and after tons of searching I can't find them anywhere on-line. How the hell can Sram be selling BB30 cranks and there are no bearings available. This wouldn't be such a big deal but I've got a frame builder waiting to build my frame and we can't get started until we have the damn bearings for test fit. Sorry for the rant but I'm hoping someone knows where I can obtain the PressFit 30

mtbr member
    If you're just looking for the bearings - I believe BB30 (and Specialized OS) uses 42x30x7 bearings (6806). You can get those in steel or ceramic at most any on-line retailer.
    I hear the Enduro bearings are good....

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Thanks for the help but............

Thanks but I'm looking for the PressFit 30. What you have mentioned are standard BB30 configurations. This requires the bottom bracket shell to be machined to except c-clips internally. The PressFit 30 simply presses into the bottom bracket shell like a headset does in a headtube. It doesn't fit just any frame the bb shell must be machined to except it but it is much less complicated then the standard BB30.

mtbr member
    Dekerf- Are you positive that the cranks are indeed different for GXP vs Press Fit BB30Bottom Brackets? I know shimano's are the same.

Have you received your parts yet? I would be interested to know the weight of the Press Fit BB30.

I am about to be in the same boat as you. I have been scouring the Sram site for Tech Machining Specs for their BB30 Press Fit system. Surely they would list their recommended machining diameters and tolerances. I do not see it anywhere.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by b00001
    Dekerf- Are you positive that the cranks are indeed different for GXP vs Press Fit BB30Bottom Brackets? I know shimano's are the same.

Have you received your parts yet? I would be interested to know the weight of the Press Fit BB30.

I am about to be in the same boat as you. I have been scouring the Sram site for Tech Machining Specs for their BB30 Press Fit system. Surely they would list their recommended machining diameters and tolerances. I do not see it anywhere.
    Yes the two cranks are different between the GXP and BB30. Weights are 694 for BB30 and 754 for GXP. You can't use a GXP crank with a BB30 bottom bracket if that's what you are asking. I have not yet received my parts yet. At least not the cranks, BB, or front and rear der.'s I do have the rest of the group though.

Some of the information regards to frame requirements is here.

http://www.sram.com/_media/techdocs/...ifications.pdf

The other requirements on Srams site are as follows.

Pressfit BB30 SHELL REQUIREMENTS: 73mm wide x 46mm inner diameter

Members who have read this thread: 0